Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ha..Obama has abandoned the healthcare debate and decided to focus on getting the...

...Olympics instead. Retreating? He first gave up on the public option...and now he has caved on the whole thing because less than 40% of americans supported him.

Hey I have idea, why don't all you liberals hire someone without health insurance and pay for their health insurance so that people like me who work for a living and HAVE health insurance can't stop listening to you WHINE? Oh sorry, I forgot that liberals almost never run private businesses... never mind.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you honestly think that the POUS focuses on just one issue at a time? Ever heard of multitasking? He flew Thursday night to address the Olympic committee, and will be returning early this morning back to the states. He did this while YOU were sleeping. Not to mention the possible positive economic impact that having the Olympics in the US could have. But of course you don't care do you? That hosting the Olympics creates thousands of jobs, and boosts the economy?

I am a liberal, and darn proud of it. My family has top notch health care (and we pay for it as well, over $18,820 a yr), but we are not so shallow and small minded to think that there are others out there that need help. That just because someone doesn't have health insurance doesn't mean they are lazy!

Just for the record.....I have owned my own business. Very successful one as well. So take that little fact, shove it in your pipe and smoke it!

Belle

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hold the Olympics in Africa.
    Olympics never held in Africa before.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess after Bush that Americans aren't familiar with a president who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I love it that Republicans are confused by multi-tasking even when it's someone else doing it.

I love it that Republicans are confused by multi-tasking even when it's someone else doing it.

I see a strength in the American to stand up to Washington. Thanks tea baggers! Thanks Fox News! Thanks people!

He has not abandoned health reform for the USA.

I do not understand why so many Americans have fallen for lies about healthcare in the USA, abroad and also the planned reforms [1]. I mean, if the healthcare system in the USA is so good, why have no other nations taken it up? Could it be due to the following facts?
    FACT - the USA spends more on healthcare PER PERSON than any other nation on the planet [2].
    FACT - the US has higher death rates for kids under five than western European countries with universal health coverage [3].
    Or if the US healthcare system is run so well, why not run the fire service like the healthcare system? [4]
    Maybe that is because in the USA, insurance companies push up costs, buy politicians and refuse to pay claims that people pay for [5]. (Look up Wendell Potter on YouTube to hear more if the link below is too long.)
    Obama wants to make insurance cheaper, stop insurance companies from refusing health coverage to those with pre-existing conditions, and make sure they pay out when they are meant to [6], a system similar to that which works in Taiwan [7]. He debated this before he was elected [8].
    Is it right that a dead American four year old would have had a better chance of life if they were born in Canada, Cuba, Germany and so many other industrialised nations with universal healthcare?
    If you think my arguments are wrong, e-mail me with proof. But if you can not, let Obama try to help America. If he fails, vote him out in 2012.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We can't afford either.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now lets scrap his Olympics idea

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information