Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the same problem with my honda except it was an accord. I tried everything I could think of and spent over 200.00 dollars with no luck, finally I had a mechanic come out and check it out and it was a fuse and that was it, it cost me 1.00 for the fuse, I was mad that I had spent all that money, not sure what the fuse was for but it was under the hood not under the dash. Just a thought but I would check all fuses.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe your fuel had water in it and when you started it it clogged up your filter change that get new gas put the additive heat or something that gets rid of any water or other impurities and try that

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe your fuel had water in it and when you started it it clogged up your filter change that get new gas put the additive heat or something that gets rid of any water or other impurities and try that

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you turn the key forward you should hear a small buzz noise which is a sign your fuel pump is working. If all your lights on the dash light up and your lights and radio work, and your car simply just won't start.. I would say it's your starter. Especially if you hear clicking noises when trying to start.

Sometimes you can put the car in nuetral, and push it a few feet causing the mechanism in your starter to turn to a new spot, and it will start right up. Or you can have somebody tap on the starter with a small tool while you try starting her up.

If that is not your problem, I would say to then check your power supply. Beginning with looking at your battery terminals, and checking the wires going to the starter, and ignition.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the same problem with my honda except it was an accord. I tried everything I could think of and spent over 200.00 dollars with no luck, finally I had a mechanic come out and check it out and it was a fuse and that was it, it cost me 1.00 for the fuse, I was mad that I had spent all that money, not sure what the fuse was for but it was under the hood not under the dash. Just a thought but I would check all fuses.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 1998 Honda Civic EX turns over, but why won't it start?

It sat idle for almost a month because I was in the hospital, but I started it up 3 days ago with no issues. Unfortunately, I didn't drive it. Now it just turns over. I have used quick start, cleaned my points and am about to put in Iridium plugs. The oil light does come on with the ignition switch.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you turn the key forward you should hear a small buzz noise which is a sign your fuel pump is working. If all your lights on the dash light up and your lights and radio work, and your car simply just won't start.. I would say it's your starter. Especially if you hear clicking noises when trying to start.

Sometimes you can put the car in nuetral, and push it a few feet causing the mechanism in your starter to turn to a new spot, and it will start right up. Or you can have somebody tap on the starter with a small tool while you try starting her up.

If that is not your problem, I would say to then check your power supply. Beginning with looking at your battery terminals, and checking the wires going to the starter, and ignition.

fixincars
    ok first you do not have points in a 98 honda
    save your money on the plugs use only factory original recommended plugs for the engine
    Check for spark and fuel pressure if you have spark good you need a specific fuel pressure not just fuel that comes out of a line when you take it off its around 30 - 40 psi
    check the timing belt

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information