Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's important to be calm, polite and rational no matter who you are arguing with.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it was always part of you, and not them, religion changes no one, they claim it does, but the basic personality doesn't change at all.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Back then, unfortunately most people did not have the education they have now. People really truly believed in god, and thought the ones who didn't believe, just didn't know. Now however, we are more educated, and we have better arguments against the creationists. This frustrates them, and instead of appearing to look stupid, they lash out.
    That's my take on it anyway...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know, I usually end up laughing my head of at their oxymoron arguments and circular logic.

If people state ridiculous things as fact they should expect ridicule. Pandering to it is only giving them false hope. lol

Practicing Shaman... quantum physics rocks.

no, people become passionate about their beliefs in arguments such as these. it's just hard to convince you because you already know everything. if yout go into the discussion with an open mind, respectful of one anothers opinions, it should be beneficial to both sides to talk about this. you never talked with me about it, I would welcome that conversation and I culd listen and respect your point of view. I would expect that we could exchange thoughts, fact and ideologies whether we agreed or not. we would then agree to disagree, and continue on greeting and chatting with each other daily. this is how it should be done, this is the way i have been taught to do it through studying Gods word.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. First step is to move away from them. They are crazy and dangerous.
    Terrorists.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it is important in any discussion.

Is it important for you to engage in a conversation in which you pre-determined that you will not change your opinion, while keeping a sense of superiority with the other person if the viewpoint is different from yours?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Take a trip down to your local insane asylum, many of the patients there are actually pretty calm and relaxed (possibly due to drugs though).

They will stick to their beliefs regardless of what you tell them, but it's really no point arguing with them and you feel too much pity to laugh at them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Take a trip down to your local insane asylum, many of the patients there are actually pretty calm and relaxed (possibly due to drugs though).

They will stick to their beliefs regardless of what you tell them, but it's really no point arguing with them and you feel too much pity to laugh at them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Christians don't waste their time arguing with Evolutionists. What's the point? We know truth and they are just guessing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information