Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm h

SHAUNYBOY

I'm h

...this and i can't find anything about this. the debate question is "should the us government allow china to keep its most favorite nation status? (my debate group is against this question and we are trying to figure out what kind of psychological effects/changes would occur if this would happen) please, if anybody can give me feedback on this i would so desperately appreciate it because this is not one of the topics i want to do, but it was assign to us, and we also could not decide whether we were against it or not, our teacher just told us "ok this group is against it"

silver.graph
    If you want to weigh in on the negative side, here are some reasons why, perhaps, China should not be allowed to keep its favored status.
    1) Human rights atrocities (female infanticide, religious and political persecution, labor camps)
    2) Extreme ecological damage (burning coal, heavy metal pollution, uncontrolled chemical releases that affect the whole environment as well as the Chinese citizens who suffer from this activity)
    3) Flooding the world's markets with cheap, poorly made plastic goods that will soon be occupying space in landfills.

One "psychological effect" of most favored nation status is the notion that what one is doing is okay, so one should keep doing just that. If this status were revoked, China would at least feel that the rest of the world disapproved of its practices and might drop some of its most objectionable practices.

silver.graph
    If you want to weigh in on the negative side, here are some reasons why, perhaps, China should not be allowed to keep its favored status.
    1) Human rights atrocities (female infanticide, religious and political persecution, labor camps)
    2) Extreme ecological damage (burning coal, heavy metal pollution, uncontrolled chemical releases that affect the whole environment as well as the Chinese citizens who suffer from this activity)
    3) Flooding the world's markets with cheap, poorly made plastic goods that will soon be occupying space in landfills.

One "psychological effect" of most favored nation status is the notion that what one is doing is okay, so one should keep doing just that. If this status were revoked, China would at least feel that the rest of the world disapproved of its practices and might drop some of its most objectionable practices.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information