Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was bragging to my colleague that I dodged the Military draft durin vietnam in

1968, she told me not to tell? She said, I wouldn't go around telling people that if i were you.

I am proud not to be a murderer or a state-paid assassin, aka hit man.
    I am proud i did not kill millions of people based on there vietnamese race.
    I am proud not to be racist.
    How can anybody have a problem with peace, love, and refusing to kill people, refusing to kill people just because somebody in DC said so, or killing people just because of a different race.
    I dont want to be used as pawn in a corrupt system.

40 years later, i still dont understand, why they think i was wrong.
    I could not be more proud to have dodged it.

I have 2 sons in college, and they will be dodging if they were a war with iran.

I told her i simply hid in the u.s.a. , never went to canada, and never got caught, stayed in hotels, on farms, in big cities, all over. got a fake id, lived with aunts, cousins houses.

Why would she say this? Why is it not a good idea to tell?

I work as a middle school teacher, where they cant critize me, they wont allow the staff to insult me, and have a strict policy, so that is why i dont understand why she would tell me not to go around with pride of my resister of war.
    On top of that, Even if somebody, like a veteran were to attack me, how do you think they would look once the press gets ahold of it? Veteran beats up a middle school teacher for no reason

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You shouldn't tell people about it because it's ILLEGAL. It has nothing to do with resisting war, or not being a racist you fool, running from the draft is ILLEGAL. She's telling you to not tell people because you could get caught, and charged in court.

I highly doubt you're a middle school teacher, you can't be that stupid and authorized to teach kids...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I once heard a story, it's probably fake, but it was a guy in war, the enemy was gaining on them and wiped out the entire platoon. It was basically this one guy left and the general (I know, already starting to sound unbelievable, but it gets better) and the general was like "march towards the enemy soldier" and the guy was like no way, and the general pulled out his gun and said "do it or I'll kill you" and the guy said, "okay, fine," he pulled out his gun, pretended like he was going to go and then instead shot his commanding officer.

it's probably fake but I could relate, if some guy tried to draft me and handed me a ak-47 I'd probably just shoot him.

D2T
    When you make a decision to live in a country, you have chosen to abide by the laws of that country or else, in the case of the USA, you set about gathering support for changing the laws.
    The USA is a free country because of the military. The freedom you had in the USA is what allowed to to hide so easily. Ironic isn't it?

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    meissen97, I've been to middle school. It's not the dead giveaway you would think it to be.

"I work as a middle school teacher,"

Liar. You were given away by your bad grammar.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish you'd stop asking this inane question.

You obviously feel MUCH guilt over your failure to appear for service. Get some counseling for it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How can you be a teacher and not double-check your grammar and spelling? I'd love to see some of the work you have graded.

Now, regarding draft-dodgers: I believe it was Gerald Ford who pardoned those who avoided the draft during the Vietnam War. It might have been Carter. I forget. My point is, quit worrying about it...except for the fact that it's a lighting-rod topic gauranteeing an argument...which is another thing you want to avoid as a teacher.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How can you be a teacher and not double-check your grammar and spelling? I'd love to see some of the work you have graded.

Now, regarding draft-dodgers: I believe it was Gerald Ford who pardoned those who avoided the draft during the Vietnam War. It might have been Carter. I forget. My point is, quit worrying about it...except for the fact that it's a lighting-rod topic gauranteeing an argument...which is another thing you want to avoid as a teacher.

"I am proud i did not kill millions of people based on there vietnamese race."

WOW, check your facts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information