Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Kim B
    Yes it is very bad. Here in Australia they are making a law so that you can't smoke with children in the vehicle.

Second hand smoke is worse than actually smoking yourself.

If he can't control his urges to smoke then he travels without the kids.

kimitt

Husband smokes in the car with the kids, is...

...this bad? He keeps the cigarette near the window which he leaves cracked a lot!
    He also leans out and blows the smoke out the window. Can you tell me if this is bad for our kids?

Mom
    Yes, there is still smoke that gets in the car and therefore your kids are breathing in second hand smoke. Never mind I have horrible memories of being in the car as a child with my parents when they smoked.... ick, I'd get so carsick from the smell. Tell him to wait and smoke outside alone.

*Mommy2Be*
    The smoke can still travel to the back of the car and second hand smoke is just as bad so I would tell him not to smoke around the kids at all.

ttcANGEL#1
    It's bad! Even if he cracks the window (which is not enough for all the smoke to escape from the car) & blows it out the window, it doesn't all go out of the car. I know this because I used to be a smoker. Second hand smoke can kill...it's not good for your kids...you should have already known that though.

mominohio
    Still bad, second hand smoke still gets in the car that way. I know my stepdad does the same thing. If you can smell it then you can inhale it and children are even more sensitive to it. Also the cigarette ashes can land on the children in the back and burn them, again I know that happens for a fact from experience.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information