Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

crowntail betta fish? are they supposed to have a hard time swimming down into the...

...water and staying there? it is a male

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They shouldn't - if you have a filter, it could be the current is too strong (my betta HATES the filter current), or it could be a swim bladder disorder. Check for a strong filter current, and make sure you're not overfeeding, which can cause a swim bladder problem.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They shouldn't - if you have a filter, it could be the current is too strong (my betta HATES the filter current), or it could be a swim bladder disorder. Check for a strong filter current, and make sure you're not overfeeding, which can cause a swim bladder problem.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

No. I have three right now. My boys swim all over the tanks and don not have any problems. One male has extremely longs rays and doesn't have problems swimming.
    If it is having problems swimming correctly, echeck the water first off. if you are overfeeding it may either be really constipated or getting SBD..swim bladder disorder. This is when the the swim bladder is being compressed, hence making the fish have problems swimming as it should. Poor water can start this and also overfeeding. Fast the fish for a few days. If this doesn't help, get some daphnia..a fishy laxative. people say feed green peas, but my boys won't touch them as they are veggies. Bettas are carnivious fish and daphnia are insect based. I ordered mine from Dr's Foster and Smith, but check with your local pet store and see if they have it.
    Also be sure to partial water changes, not 100% as this stress the fish's body out.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sometimes fish have trouble swimming down because there are strong currents.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sometimes fish have trouble swimming down because there are strong currents.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information