Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any suggestions for a bicycle cup holder?

I'd like to attach a cup holder (and/or possibly a small basket to hold things like fast food bags) to the front of my bike. I'm willing to spend up to $20, but less would definitely be better! Any suggestions?
    I've already tried a Google search, and didn't get much. I'm looking for someone who has maybe done this themselves or knows someone who has done it. (or if you've randomly stumbled across something on the internet that works too!)
    Oh, and the bike is going to be outside all the time (bike racks outside my dorm), so I need something that won't deteriorate due to water or cold or things like that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Baskets
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=node%3D1265461011&field-keywords=baskets

Go to walmart and get a water bottle and cage or Google bicycle cup holder..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Baskets

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Local bike shops will have a variety of baskets, and can help you ensure that the basket will fit on your bike. A rack on the back may be another option. Weight on the front will make it more difficult to steer.

As for a cupholder, my thought is it's pointless. One bump in the pavement and you'd lose whatever is in there. Waterbottle cages are better for holding things. I've used mine to carry everything from water bottles during races, a travel mug full of tea in the morning, and a scoop of ice cream (thank god for that bubble-shaped top) after nannying.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Local bike shops will have a variety of baskets, and can help you ensure that the basket will fit on your bike. A rack on the back may be another option. Weight on the front will make it more difficult to steer.

As for a cupholder, my thought is it's pointless. One bump in the pavement and you'd lose whatever is in there. Waterbottle cages are better for holding things. I've used mine to carry everything from water bottles during races, a travel mug full of tea in the morning, and a scoop of ice cream (thank god for that bubble-shaped top) after nannying.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Baskets

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Baskets

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information