Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is the whole world making fun of the American media?

I notice from sites that the whole world seems to be making fun of America. Reason: They making fun of them for, media being liberal, their dumbass reports on something not important(video game violence, animation, and stuff like that).The media seems to be with the parents a lot. i mean the media for one always used scapegoats to blame someone unfairly like naruto being blamed fora kid who died burying the head in the sand. Media say the Anime has disturbing contents (WTF?) The whole world seems to be making fun of America. What is media trying to do? ruin the whole thing based on a popular fanbase? Does the media ever get sued for misinformation or not? I'm right now feeling overrating to this can somebody explain to me?
    i know i post on the government section i just curious
    also it it just me that media in America are ignorant or the whole world is.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just Fox news

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the whole world is making fun of us. The media here will grab any little thing and blow it up out of all proportion. They run after whoever is making the most noise and then they make even more noise. You are right, our media is mostly very liberal and they think it's their job to protect us from ourselves. They are almost worse than the government, except we can't vote the media out of office.

Hondo proves my point.

eanne94
    Perhaps you will be relieved to hear that the French media are not discussing the American media - they have other things to talk about such as the French economy, things happening in France and so on. Most national media are the same - reporting on national events and any very important international events such as 9/11, tsunamis etc. They do not exist to watch over and judge the US media, but to offer a service to the people of whatever country they are in.

1 I think you are over-reacting!
    2 I don't thing the media of the rest of the world are particularly interested in this kind of video game reporting, and do not feel strongly enough about it to make fun of it!

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the American news media have themselves into entertainers. So instead of reporting the news accuretely, they provide their viewers with the false vision of reality they wish to see.
    There is little attempt by many media agencies any more to provide balanced, accurate news stories. Its mostly about propoganda and putting a political spin on everything in the news.

Mostly the world laughs (nervously) at Fox News.

No, the whole world is currently making fun of the right-wing wackos who are currently complaining about the Nobel Prize.

I have friends in Europe and Japan, and they are completely stunned and appalled by the Republicans.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    your source?

Only American conservatives believe the state should sit by while over 100,000 people a year die from preventable causes. (source CNN)

No chance that responsible media from other countries thinks our media is too liberal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are used to being hated.

A lot of people resent America's status as the world's only superpower, but when sh1t happens no one else helps. We are tired of shouldering all the responsibility and cost and would like a little appreciation.

Apothecary
    Yes, I agree. The media here is a joke

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information