Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What can I add to my fish tank?

I have a 100L fish tank, approx 26gal if I'm not mistaken. I currently have 2 sailfin mollies, 2 pearl danios, 4 platies, a red tail shark and a pleco (spotted i think). I'm going to add one more sailfin female and about 5 platies. What other smallish fish (about the size of the platies) could i add to the tank? I'm looking for something that looks different to the platies but still attractive, to make another shoal. Also I'm thinking of adding one sunset gourami, would this be ok with this setup? My tank has plenty of swimming space, plants and hiding place.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you are planning on upgrading the red tail shark and the pleco. A 26 gallon is hardly half of the size that they will eventually need! If you don't plan on getting a bigger tank, you need to worry about rehoming them FIRST before you think about anything else.

Also, mollies are brackish and while they can survive in freshwater for a decent length of time, they will NOT thrive. If you can return them, you should. If not, again, rehome them and don't get any more.

Don't even think about the honey sunset dwarf gourami. These are very docile fish and would be stressed to death by your active fish.

That leaves you with the platys and the danios. First, you need to get more danios to allow them to form a proper shoal. I'd get at least 3 more to go with the 2 you have. If you get the 5 platies in addition to the 4 you have, which would be great, that will put your tank at its max.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information