Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

transmission problem!!! help!!!! bronco II ford?

i got my project truck two years ago, she was running fine till one day it started to lose a lot of power, and blowing out tons of smoke. i took it to a shop because i didnt have time to work on it. they opened the heads and turns out one of the pistons was bad. i was in need of a rebuild or just get a complete block. then a friend started to sale a car i had wanted for a long time which i got it and totaly forgot about the bronco II. now two years later i started to work on her, i got a used motor bolted the tranny in and set everything in place. the motor runs strong. then bolted the transfer case and everything else that i needed after i ran the motor and knew it was good. i drop in 4 qrts of tranny oil first and ran it. i put it in gear and nothing, i tried giving it gas, and nothing. i put in 2 more qrts and same thing, nothing happend. i changed the trans filter and nothing. the trans was working before really good, so did the transfer case. what else can it be. i know the linkage on it is bolted right because i checked it and also before taking the old motor w. the tranny out i marked it where it was. i have no idea what it could be now, im planing on taking it out but im looking for sugestions on what could it be before i do..its an 88 bronco II automatic 4 x 4.. it might be that i didnt put oil in the torch converter but shouldnt that get filled when you fill the transmissin with oil? this is the first auto tranny ive worked on and might be the last lol.. if anyone has an idea please help!!!

THANK YOU

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the only thing i know of you not having the transfer case lined up right wich u already did id drop it and chck it agin to make sure before getting a new tranny.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information