Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    floss

How to turn on remote start on a 2004 Jeep Cherokee using the door lock remote?

I have a 2004 Jeep Cherokee and today my niece was playing with my keys and accidently hit the panic button. When I tried turning it off I hit the door lock and unlock a few times and noticed that the car came on. I tried to recreate the same thing and It worked a second time. But when I tried again for a third time I just could not figure it out. Does anyone here know what the combination for a remote start using your remote would be?

Irish_bound
    If you have the standard 5 button key fob ( which consists of the lock, unlock, panic, liftgate, and remote start) all the doors have to be shut. Press the lock button once and within 3 seconds of locking doors you must press the remote start button twice (This button is the x2 with the circular arrow over it). The headlights will flash to indicate the vehicle is about to start. Although '04 Cheerokes did not come with this type of key fob but instead the 3 button which is only lock, unlock and panic. If this is the key fob you have then the remote start system is not from the factory and you will probably need to take it to the dealership or car garage to find out what system you have.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information