Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What kind of fish could i put in a bowl without a pump?

I want a little fish in my room, but i dont want a goldfish, cus they smell bad and i dont want a beta cus i've already had some and i had to flush them. So, my question is, what kind of fish would be abled to survive without a pump? Other than a goldfish and beta?

Thanks a lot, (L)

-Mellaniee (;
    Noo, i mean like most people who have goldfish have them in a round bowl, and you can get betta tanks, there pretty cool but i want to know if there is another type of fish that can go in a bowl, without a filter.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless you are willing to invest in an aquarium with a filter and heater you have no options. Bowls do not satisfy the needs of any fish and are commonly referred to as deathtraps for a reason.

ALL fish require filtration, appropriate swimming space, and many require heating.

For future reference:
    1. Bettas require about a 5 gallon tank, gentle filtration, and an aquarium heater to maintain their water temperature between a proper tropical range of 78F-82F. They can live 5-7 years.

2. Goldfish should be kept in nothing less than 20 gallons and have heavy filtration to accommodate their adult size and bioload<--this set up supports only one fancy goldfish. Goldfish are capable of living over 20 years.
    -Goldfish will suffer from suffocation, ammonia poisoning, overall poor water quality, eventual stunting, and ultimately a severely reduced lifespan when kept in a bowl.

~EDIT~
    Bowls are animal cruelty so no fish should be housed in a bowl. Any knowledgeable fish keeper who cares about their fish would never house any fish in a bowl.

betta thats all. other fish need a real tank in order to live! bettas are just not big swimmers they just sit there pretty much so thats the only fish!

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm very sorry, but betta is the only fish that can do that. if you take care of it, it could live very long. if iwere you try again with a betta

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no fish can live its whole life in a bowl with no filter or source of oxygen or now water movement. you are just torturing all the fish you buy to a slow and painful death. no fish AND I REPEAT NO fish can live in a bowl with no source of filteration and lack of oxygen.
    soo many sad people on this site. if you could just invest a little money and a little time researching you could enjoy keeping pet fish instead of having them dieng painful deaths.

Pogo Addict
    I have a Guppy in a tank with no heater or Pump. It is Doing fine , However if you want to breed Guppies they need heat

Good luck :-)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    they should have taken bowls off the market shelves a long time ago.
    it is not wright to keep any fish without a filter, of course you will get all sorts of Muppet's telling you its fine keep a betta or a gold fish i would like to say one thing to this sort of answer people who write this rubbish would you like to survive in a toilet you could for a bit but would you be happy and free from disease (i don't think so).
    the best advise any one can give you at this stage is get a book on your chosen fish and then get a tank with a filter and then cycle the filter before adding fish good luck.
    hope this helps

Inwe
    most fish really just check if it requires aireation the only difference is you would have to clean it 2x more

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    betta is all i can think of.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you can properly take care of a fish with a heater, air pump, filter and a big roomy aquarium than any fish would be fine.i don't advise you keeping a fish in a bowl unless you want to flush more fish.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information