Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boost Mobile racist commerical?

I want to start off by saying Im a pretty relaxed guy and dont usually get worked up over things. However, I would like to point out the Boost Mobile commercial with the Santa Claus trying to cut down expenses by hiring mules (burros, jackasses, whichever you prefer). At first when I saw this commercial it didnt phase me but seeing over again, it clicked that Santa hired basically cheap labor= Mexicans. By saving money he had hired mules instead of the raindeer. The main mules name is Radulpho instead of Rudolph (the red nosed raindeer).

Im only pointing this out because of the fact that there hasnt been any uproar over this. Yes I am Latino so I probably view this differently than the majority, I hope majority of people see it as I do though. I just want to point out that if Boost Mobile portrayed monkeys as the replaced raindeer with the name of Rodney people would be extremely upset. But people dont seem to phased by this obviously racist commercial. Im sure Boost Mobile meant no harm but it is percieved as being racist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYe0vXpW-GM

What are your opinions? If you disagree with me, if you agree with me, all opinions are welcomed. If your going to leave a comment can you please tell me in as much detail as your willing to, why you feel how you do. Thank you.
    Frito Bandito? From a minorities perspective its racist. Im not looking to sue anyone, its not that big of a deal Im just looking at the hypocrisy of it all. I dont believe Im being sensitive at all, just realistic. Also I have wondered why they make the husbands fat oafs.
    Also putting a unicorns horn on a horse has nothing to do with hiring cheap labor. Please read what Ive written.
    Us legals? lol, really? All the brown people must have flown over or jumped a fence to be here, they must be first or second generation right? Nevermind.

burgerlovin57
    Hey I came up with the time of the frito bandito theres always some kinda racist ads on at any time even anti white man how many commercials are out that portray the uncool white guy saying and doin stupid stuff in front of others and heres something wierd why do all the sit-com women look hot but the white husbands are old or fat or ugly and they have great lookin wives

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that didn't occur to me when I saw the commercial. I think donkeys were chosen because they are funny animals. I think your "racism radar" might be a bit to sensitive. I cant see a company purposefully doing what you think they did. its not worth the lawsuits.

4evablue
    You want an honest opinion? I'm white in looks, and Native American, German, and Irish in heritage.... but I look white. In my opinion, most white guys in commercials are portrayed as "un-hip" and soft. I do not care because I know I am not soft and go through more physically grueling exercise before 8 a.m. 5 out 7 days of the week than what most people do during the entire year. I think it is the media and the media portrays what they want.

I think if you take something personal from a low tier mobile phone company, one in which prob makes less than cheap labor workers, then you are focusing too much. I think society is always worried about who is going to offend who and I may offend this group... blah blah blah... bigotry is messed up don't get me wrong but Obama killing a fly and answering to PETA? lol... weak A manger scene in Seattle offending Wiccans? Weak as well... Don't be somebody who cares that much because somebody accidentally offended you... And please understand, I am not an Obama supporter by any stretch... but it just goes to show you that there are too many people worried about who's offending who.

But if you really are THAT tuned up about it; hereis the email to Boost Mobile's Advertising dept. : [email protected].

Cheers to ya

missjessjess
    Maybe they just meant like because mules are common in South America so they named him Rudolpho...? I don't think it's that big of a deal even if they did mean it the other way.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it isn't racist. it's like those jokes where there is a fake horn on a horse to make it look like a unicorn. Well, they couldn't really use the horse vs. reindeer thing (i'd rather have a horse than a reindeer, even if the reindeer did fly.) your mind sought out to be offended by this commercial.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This doesn't really answer your question, but I wish to point out a common misconception. Many people think white americans are racist against Latinos. For the most part this is not true. We're actually only against Mexicans. Illegal fence jumpers that flock here in the millions to leech off our stupid government, & yes work real cheap doing roofing & yardwork. All you legals who bothered to learn english & contribute to society are ay okay.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This doesn't really answer your question, but I wish to point out a common misconception. Many people think white americans are racist against Latinos. For the most part this is not true. We're actually only against Mexicans. Illegal fence jumpers that flock here in the millions to leech off our stupid government, & yes work real cheap doing roofing & yardwork. All you legals who bothered to learn english & contribute to society are ay okay.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information