Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    " Alice got to me..."

(cooking and recipes) Help..please..ASAP...(11pts up for grabs..the sooner the better)?

So, i'll be making "Ethiopian Honey Yeast Bread" in about 8 hours. The recipe calls for 5 Tbsp butter. And i don't wanna use so much. So can i replace it with sunflower oil? How much oil would I need?
    (The bread will be eaten tomorrow morning, it's like this party where everyone would bring something homemade. I've to make the bread. So, no,can't rush to the store and get it, in case someone was thinking of saying that.)
    Hmm, may be sub the butter partially? 4 T butter goes into the dough. The rest is for glazing. So, can i sub 2 T butter with oil? If yes, how much oil? 1 T ? 1.5 T ?

Silent Sunday
    With yeast bread, butter isn't as much of a critical element. It is there for flavor though. I'm pretty confident you can replace the butter with oil, but I'd only use a quarter cup of oil since butter does have some liquid in there that isn't fat and sunflower oil isn't a mild type of oil like canola or corn.
    Good luck to you. I'm sure it will be great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information