Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    pocketaces

I'm doing a social science project on Racism and I need to do a survey.If you have a

few min please answer.? Name:
    Sex:

1) Have you ever been discriminated against in your own community? How did you feel?

2) Have you ever witnessed racism? (verbal or violent) What did you do?

3) Are you proud of your ancestry?

4) Would you ever marry or have children with someone of a different culture?

5) What race do you believe is discriminated the most?

6) What race do you see as the most racist?

7) Do you think being male or female makes a difference?

8) When you hear someone make a racist remark, which emotion do you feel first, anger or sadness?

9) Do you consider yourself a racist? Why or why not?

10) What can you do to fight racism?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:Libby
    Sex:Female
    Nationality:White

1) Have you ever been discriminated against in your own community? How did you feel?
    Only as a woman who coached girls and heaven forbid boys.

2) Have you ever witnessed racism? (verbal or violent) What did you do?
    Yes as a school librarian I witnessed racism and found it interesting that yes white children are capable of being discriminatory, however most of the violent fights occurred between the Hispanics and black children. The school celebrated the differences in cultures and religions.

3) Are you proud of your ancestry? I suppose that I am, however I am ashamed of the history
    of many people, black, white or other. I don't like bullies of any kind and history is full of them.

4) Would you ever marry or have children with someone of a different culture? Of course, but I didn't. I married a white man and had white children.

5) What race do you believe is discriminated the most? I believe that if you look at the poorest people of the world, they are either women, children or people of color besides white.

6) What race do you see as the most racist? I believe that all cultures are racist but since the European culture has been so powerful for so long we could make the assumption that Europeans are the most racist--but it wouldn't be true.

7) Do you think being male or female makes a difference?
    Definitely makes a difference.

8) When you hear someone make a racist remark, which emotion do you feel first, anger or sadness? I feel anger and sadness just about equally. Anger that someone could feel pleasure in talking down to someone with a different skin tone and the ignorance of the person who made the remark.

9) Do you consider yourself a racist? Why or why not? I am not purposefully racist, yet I have lived in a white world all of my life and so have not had the opportunities to converse and interact with people of color or others cultures. I do believe that there are valuable people of all colors and take pleasure in seeing the successes of people regardless of their color.

10) What can you do to fight racism? Play John Lennon's song Imagine over and over to the whole entire world. I do speak up and stand up for all kinds of people if someone acts negatively towards others just for their skin color.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TC Beam
    F
    Over 40
    American (caucasian)

No.
    Yes (verbal). I immediately defend any race. No one is better than anyone else.
    Yes
    Yes. I don't have a problem with my daughter dating/marrying a different race as long as he is a hard worker and treats her very good.
    African- Americans and Hispanics (I am seeing more on Hispanics being discriminated against)
    African Americans
    Unfortunately yes. Women are still in a lower pay bracket than men doing the same job.
    Anger. How dare anyone think that they are better.
    No. I have never thought of myself as a racist. I treat everyone the same.
    Keep speaking up when I hear someone say something that implies racial comments.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information