Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

need to get my vodafone usb modem to work with my ps3?

hi guys first time asking something here. My Internet is crap. im 17 and stuck with a virgin broadband connection for 2 years and i cant game on-line with it. we only have 4 gig and it cuts out about every 20 mins. so i stupidly went out and figured i get pre paid broad band and just use that. when i got home i found that my 40 gig ps3 doesn't seem to receive any signal straight from the usb port. so i figured that i would use the same method as i did with the virgin modem, that im prity sure we use a landline for. i took out the virgin modem and inserted the vodafone usb modem in the pc's port then plugged in my Ethernet cable at the back of the pc and into my ps3. when i try to set up the connection it just sais checking ip address for a while then sais it Timed out. It works fine on my pc but it seems it cant find the ip address when i try to connect through my ps3 from my pc. can anyone pls pls help me with this. ive gone through heaps of stuff on You tube and on forums but cant get a straight answer for this.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you need a router.
    and the ps3 has wireless inbilt and you go to connection settings and set it all up
    Linksys Wireless G Router WRTU54G-TM for PC and MAC (US $28.99 + free Shipping)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Linksys-Wireless-G-Router-WRTU54G-TM-for-PC-and-MAC_W0QQitemZ330379397740QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCOMP_E N_Routers?hash=item4cec258a6c

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information