Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the difference between HTML AND PHP?

CAN I DESIGN WEBPAGES USING NOTEPAD WITH HTML

IS PHP IMPORTANT?

ITS TO HARD TO LEARN BOTH,

I CAN UNDERSTAND PHP?

IF IT IS IMPORTANT CAN YOU PLEASE FIND SOME PHP TUTORIALS FOR ME

ANYTHING WILL DOO

THANKS

In general, HTML controls the "look" of a web site (along with tools like CSS) while PHP and other programming tools are what is used to generate your content. For example, if you wanted to create a web site that allowed a user to select items from a catalog, HTML is what would control how the catalog items were presented, but PHP is what you would use to search your database, calculate prices, and decide what "just for you!" items the site might display. To use another analogy, HTML is kind of like what Font you select for writing a document, while PHP is the macro language you use for generating the document.

HTML and PHP can both be edited using a tool like Notepad. In fact, I often use tools like Notepad when I develop PHP pages.

Learning HTML is pretty easy, though there are a lot of features involved so at first it can be overwhelming to review them all. PHP is harder, unless you are already familiar with programming. If you are already a programmer, PHP will be a very simple language get started with - it's designed to be easy to start up with.

As for tutorials - there are thousands, particularly for HTML. Any one of them can do for starters. I suggest just using Google to browse around.

In general, HTML controls the "look" of a web site (along with tools like CSS) while PHP and other programming tools are what is used to generate your content. For example, if you wanted to create a web site that allowed a user to select items from a catalog, HTML is what would control how the catalog items were presented, but PHP is what you would use to search your database, calculate prices, and decide what "just for you!" items the site might display. To use another analogy, HTML is kind of like what Font you select for writing a document, while PHP is the macro language you use for generating the document.

HTML and PHP can both be edited using a tool like Notepad. In fact, I often use tools like Notepad when I develop PHP pages.

Learning HTML is pretty easy, though there are a lot of features involved so at first it can be overwhelming to review them all. PHP is harder, unless you are already familiar with programming. If you are already a programmer, PHP will be a very simple language get started with - it's designed to be easy to start up with.

As for tutorials - there are thousands, particularly for HTML. Any one of them can do for starters. I suggest just using Google to browse around.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information