Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Getting a new cell phone Friday, need help deciding! T-Mobile flexpay, (keep)

Virgin Mobile, or get VM Helio? Ok well I've had the Virgin Mobile Shuttle since January 1st. It's an okay phone, don't have too many issues with it, other than sometimes it freezes during a call..have to take out the battery and put it back in. Mobile Email doesn't work on the phone either...the phone screen just turns white and cuts off. I just want a Qwerty keyboard again..so I can text easier...I text a lot.

Okay, I was just going to get T-Mobile's flexpay service. I'm trying to decide between the Tmobile Wing, Tmobile Sidekick 2008, Tmobile Dash 3g, Samsung Highlight(don't know if i'll like the virtual qwerty), or i really like the new samsung comeback. [or]

Keep virgin mobile, and get the Kyocera X-tc. I know it's not that good of a phone..but at least has the qwerty. [or]

Get Virgin Mobile Helio service, and get the Ocean. This is what I really would like to do..but i don't think Virgin Mobile would let me get it without a down payment..and I'm not down for that.

Any help or advice??
    I'm leaning towards the dash 3g for tmobile.. I like the sidekick and everything..but I don't like how its not possible to stream videos..idk if i'll be doing this..but if i get a data plan it'd suck for my phone not to be able to do that.

So the dash 3g or the wing? unless the highlight is a good phone..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Virgin Mobile would be garbage and Helio could be a better choice because their features. But if your going to pay alot for the dash then you should buy a unlocked phone like a nokia e72, nokia 5730 e75 e63 then that would be a better choice because they all use symbian not windows mobile and they all have wifi so you can browse the internet for free in a hotspot

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just get an XTC or 3G Dash for now. I would avoid Helio as to not have a two year contract that I'm stuck with and Tmobile , I don't know if they have rolled out 3G in your area or not.They haven't in mine . You can ask Tmobile customer service 1-800-Tmobile . I still use Tmobile, they have the best customer service. Avoid the contract Flexpay unless you want a phone discount and you qualify. If they do have the 3g service in your area, get the 3g dash with flexpay month to month then. That would be my first choice, XTC on VM would be second.

Why the XTC as number two? Because there are probably going to be changes coming to both Virgin Mobile and Helio/Virgin Mobile contract side. Sprint bought them out this week. I am hoping they improve customer service, provide a wider range of phones and offer better prices. Now that VM is a part of Sprint rather then just reselling Sprint's airtime, I think they will be able to cut costs. Plus probably add 50 million more new people to their mobile to mobile. Virgin Mobile /Helio had 5 million users, VM now owned by Sprint will be able to call over ten times that much to anyhone on the Sprint, Boost, Nextel and Virgin Mobile /Helio systems. Talk about mobile to mobile.

I think in general, Sprint buying out VM is a good thing for VM users. But if Tmobile has the 3g in your area, dash for the Dash. Both VM and Tmobile have comparable networks. Plus with Tmobile, you can use unlocked gsm phones from other networks (like Att's iphone, but different 3G frequencies so only in 2G) while VMs you're stuck with their phones only.
    I am hoping Sprint opens it up. You can put any Sprint phone on their little known Boost mobile cdma network (not the walkie talkie Boost, two different Boosts exist).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information