Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you a Harley Davidson Owner? If you are what makes a Harley so appealing?

I am completing a thesis for my Masters program & I need to reach out to the Harley Davidson community to find out "What is the Harley Davidson organization doing to deliver value?
    I love the varying ends of the spectrum that I am getting. Keep the answers coming and feel free to answer multiple times. I would also like to hear from the ladies in the HD owner's life.

Yes - legends are forever.The moment I saw mine I wanted it - 12months later the love story is still strong.These bikes have a soul of their own & are as individual as the people that ride them - no 2 Harley - Davidson bikes are the same once they have been owned for a while.The bashers can get on the bandwagon all they like - the pipes on my H.D. will drown them out anyway!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All the Harley haters will be along soon to tell you what terrible motorcycles they are.They don't believe in freedom of choice and they can't wait to jump on here and tell us all their tired rant.As for those of us that love them you will hear many reasons i expect.As for myself,I have always thought they were a beautiful bike.I wanted one from the time i was about 10 and went and saw Easyrider with my brothers at the drive in movie.I remember telling them that i would own one someday.It took me 11 years before i got one.It was a 1956 Panhead which i still own today 33 years later.It's not that fast and it does require more maintenance than newer bikes do, but i still love it just as much as the day i bought it.It's hard to explain but to me a good motorcycle is one that puts a smile on your face when you ride it.I have owned many different makes of bikes over the years and i liked them all.But the Panhead still puts the biggest grin on my face.And i could care less what anyone else thinks of them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm with Adam 100% I'm another old school biker who has been on two wheel for many years. I also ride a pan chopper. What is harley doing? They are taking the biker way of life, sanitizing it, and selling it at an inflated price to a bunch of yuppies and over the hill wannabees who never had the nads to live the life for real. 20 grand and 20 miles does NOT make you a biker.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Harley owner, the appeal for me is the after market parts world seems to cater to Harley riders, there is 10 times more parts available for these bikes than any other brand. Haters say it's because they break more, but I believe it's because the bikes have been slowly changed over the years and date back many more years than jap bikes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would rather push a Harley than ride a Honda.... jap bikes simply cannot offer the same kind of ride a Harley does. Does that answer your question? It's all about the ride....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the fist bike i owed was a honda cb360t. then a 750 Kawasaki 4cylinder.i learned to ride on those bikes.saved my money for ten years to buy what i rely wanted.and that's what i have know a 98 soft tail custom.and yes i love everything about it

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use to ride Harley's in the 80's and up till 93 at that time the dealers were playing games when it came to buying a new bike so i stopped riding Harley's and went to the imports.My riding style has changed to sport bikes and Harley just does not make a bike to fit my type of riding. What they do sell is a life style,one i want no part of. What does matter is that you ride because you love it !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information