Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a mazda millenia with 175,000 miles that runs like new although the paint is fading since I park it at the beach. I bought it back in 1997 used. I'll probably keep it until it's old enough to vote or has the same mileage as the Space Shuttle Columbia. I recently bought a 2009 Mazda 3i because I really like the old body style and they were about to stop making them. I got a great deal on it and it's a blast to drive. I have had nothing but good experiences with mazda and think they are reliable, economical and really fun to drive.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What has you experience been with Mazda vehicles?

Are they reliable?Comfortable? and etc. tell me everything you can.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my only personal experience with mazda is an 03 miata. loved it. extremely reliable and the funnest car i've ever owned. comfortable? i'll just say this, i'm 5'6" which isn't tall at all and i found it cramped, negligible trunk space, a lot of road noise and engine noise and the ride is stiff (but none of this matters if you can appreciate the true purpose of this car). i've had friends and co-workers with mazdas and from what i gather, it's hit or miss. some of their cars like the miata and 3, rival the reliability of hondas and toyotas while others like the MPV are no better than than a chrysler product. just not as consistently reliable across the board as hondas for example.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mazda is my absolute favorite car manufacturer! so this may be a bit biased, but is my 22 year old mx6 gt w/190k biased? no!
    my whole fam loves mazda's my mom has had like 5 over the years
    yes the rx7 is the ultimate sports car, but if your not ready to accept its quirks your not gonna love it
    also if you are looking for a 4 door stay away from 90's 626's their tranys came form ford, so there *ahem* less than spectacular for reliability, all other cars are as reliable as any of the other japanese manufacturers.
    yes mazda's may seem like just another japanese econo car company, but they put a little something extra in there cars even before the slogan was popular zoom-zoom

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK. I LOVE my Mazda B4000. My wife LOVES her Mazda Protege. I have 305,000 miles on my '95 B4000. My wife has 178,000 miles on her Protege. I keep both vehicles maintained. That is the primary guide to making any vehicle last. If you buy a Mazda with a 4 cylinder remember to have the timing belt replaced every 100,000 miles and the water pump. Service the transmission every 25,000 miles. Mazdas are LOW maintenance and get excellent gas mileage. They will last well beyond the payoff and have a decent trade in value IF properly maintained. If you Buy a used 4 cylinder Mazda, have the timing belt and water pump changed any way. Weather it has over 100,000 miles on it or not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two on the road (1990 Miata's) and I love ours.
    True they only have about 150K miles each on them, but they have been more fun to own then any other car that I have owned.
    I also have had very little problems with them, true one needed a crankshaft put in it (that is why I bought it so cheap). They are still have the factory alternator starters and AC pumps. These are items that I have had to replace in other cars that were much younger when the part failed.
    FYI: I have owned Fords, Chevrolet's, Toyota's, Subaru, Honda, Chrysler and VW products.
    While I would buy another Ford or Mazda, I can't say this any for the others.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i myself have never owned or driven a mazda, but my parents have had 2. our current one, a 95 mx6, was in an accident a couple years ago. we've yet to get it fixed (there is a huge "hole" on the drivers side) and it's still running. the only thing it's needed is a new muffler. aside from usual wear and tear (new brakes, tires...) it's running pretty good for being almost 10 years old and in a major accident.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    every car manufacturer has good cars and some lemons which they'd rather forget, as a whole mazda make good solid cars but all have there flaws. if you were after an older car id steer clear
    (no pun intended lol) of rotarys because they require ALOT of maintenance but go like the showers of shit. or the mx6 is plagued with electrical problems if its an older car stick to the rule of thumb nothing over 100km (even if it has a new engine, the suspension drive-line gearbox ect.. still wears out and can cause trouble) but as a whole mazdas drive beautifully and the comfort depends on the cars model ie: the sports models arnt that great but the big saloons are very nice. as for the new models i would recommend highly they are amazing cars... hope that helped

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it was fun sitting in the back of the van going to school.
    The best were the Rx-7's

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information