Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what kind of box should i get for my 2 12 inch kicker cvx's? they are 4 ohm and

1500 watts each and 750 rms.? i want a box that is pretty much made for the specs of my subs but dont want to spend a lot of money thank you for your help
    Andy

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    this is the perfect time to try my experiment!
    If ported gives you a louder sound, and sealed is harder hitting, why not get both?
    Just have 2 separate, single sub boxes. Have one ported, and have one sealed so maybe you can get the best of both worlds with the loudness and hard hitting bass. If you try this let me know how it sounds ASAP email me at [email protected]

I just want to see how this works because as far as I know, nobody has done a ported and sealed combination.
    GOOD LUCK!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you need to check what the specs are, and compare them to the enclosures you want. Most people would tell you to get a ported enclosure, but if space and cash is limited, you may be better off getting a sealed enclosure.

As far as a good sub box goes, i was really impressed with Memphis audio's quality for the price. Like I said before though, you gotta just check around the internet and see what works best.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you need to check what the specs are, and compare them to the enclosures you want. Most people would tell you to get a ported enclosure, but if space and cash is limited, you may be better off getting a sealed enclosure.

As far as a good sub box goes, i was really impressed with Memphis audio's quality for the price. Like I said before though, you gotta just check around the internet and see what works best.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well from what I understand if you get a ported box it will be louder but the sound quality will be less and harder to hit certain levels versus if you get a sealed box your sound quality will be higher and you will be able to feel it more but it won't be as loud and rattle things as much hope this helps!!!

And they have sort of the setup the other guy is talking about one ported one sealed but kind of different it's called a bandpass box it has half sealed half ported to supposedly clear up the sound then make it louder but they are very difficult to make yourself and don't sell them for kickers because they are pressurized subs so they are intended to be in a sealed box but they work in ported again hope this helps

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well from what I understand if you get a ported box it will be louder but the sound quality will be less and harder to hit certain levels versus if you get a sealed box your sound quality will be higher and you will be able to feel it more but it won't be as loud and rattle things as much hope this helps!!!

And they have sort of the setup the other guy is talking about one ported one sealed but kind of different it's called a bandpass box it has half sealed half ported to supposedly clear up the sound then make it louder but they are very difficult to make yourself and don't sell them for kickers because they are pressurized subs so they are intended to be in a sealed box but they work in ported again hope this helps

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information