Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

question about hot flashes?

every night i wake up ROASTING. i go to bed naked with a comforter. i sleep in the same bed with hubby. i have the heat turned off, but do not have the a/c on. and i wake up in mid sleep roasting and kicking off the covers. big hot flash. this morning i woke up a little after 4am and now its a little after 7 and im still having a hot flash. i ate some fruit, went outside, been drinking cold water. i dont get very good sleep anyway, due to stress, tension, internal clock off whack, back problems/pain and im over weight (150 lbs & 5' 1") and i have an iud and on a period. but even without being on a period, i still wake up with these stupid hot flashes. idk if its what im dreaming about, bcuz i dont alway remember what im dreaming about beforehand. not sure how long this has been going on but its been a month or two. its normal for me to feel more hot or warmer if i start being more active in the day compared to sitting and resting, but sleeping? what?!

any thoughts on this/similar experience, advice?

thankx
    ive only got 2 hrs of sleep and cuz im a night person, my minds really active right now and i still feel hot and now i cant sleep. this sux.
    i will be 25 yrs old this march, so it cant be menopause

PiscesWoman_2010
    You may actually be going into perimenopause. It started happening to me in my early 30's but it can actually start earlier in some women. Hormones can go wacky at any point in a woman's life but they definitely act up right after you've had a baby. Another thing to consider is thyroid issues, profuse sweating and insomnia can be the result of hyperthyroidism. The only way to truly resolve this though is to get some blood tests done at your doctors office. He or she can give you the best answers and treatment if necessary. Take care.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    have you considered menopause or early menopause?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information