Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yamaha raptor wont start?

its a turn key 2007 raptor 700. im new to 4 wheelers it turns over fires up but wont stay started is there a cold switch or choke or do you think its spark plug or battery.? let me know thanks. had it running earler it stalled out then now wont start. has less than 15 hrs on it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what I would do is put your quad in a room and heat it up and point the heater towards the engine and then make sure the engine is nice and warm then pull the choke and let it run for a while. That's what I do when i ride my '06 Yamaha TTR125LE. But maybe you might need to change how high your quad idles and how you do that is take a screw driver and on the carb there is a little screw that changes how high it idles. Turn that screw slowly counter-clockwise, while the quad is running and turn it a quarter of the way ohhhhh and get a manuel it really helps you out. If you need more help then go to a dealer and ask them they will know more I do but thats just me. Make sure you read the manuel about the carb before you do this because I think that it might be best if you get to know how a carburator works first.... GOOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN RIDIN'

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    turn on the gas
    turn on the choke/ turn off choke when starts
    check spark plugs

email me if you need help

ZUGD
    oooh u got the boss raptor lol i had the 660, i owned the first raptor in PA and had to send it back considering there was a recall lol, but yeah choke it once u get it started, or just keep it in heat if you got the chance and just keep tryin with tht cas thts wierd tht ur having problems

Check to see if you need to switch the petcock to RESERVE.
    Choke may be a lever on the left handlebar, I don't know Raptors.
    If the battery has less than 12.7 volts it may not be strong enough to fire the ignition.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    everybody is right about the whole choke idea and stuff...but is there new gas in it im not shure if that's the fuel injected Model or not but that gas could be old...sounds old an 07 only with 15 hrs on it sounds like it wasn't used much which is a good thing but now a days that ethanol will turn ur carb parts green and will block the jets up and make the floats stick and other stuff, So be shure to put gas stabilizer in it if its going to sit for a while..and the 700's are me for climbing with a set of paddles

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    everybody is right about the whole choke idea and stuff...but is there new gas in it im not shure if that's the fuel injected Model or not but that gas could be old...sounds old an 07 only with 15 hrs on it sounds like it wasn't used much which is a good thing but now a days that ethanol will turn ur carb parts green and will block the jets up and make the floats stick and other stuff, So be shure to put gas stabilizer in it if its going to sit for a while..and the 700's are me for climbing with a set of paddles

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information