Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

News Flash: Roy Jones Jr vs Bernard Hopkins is set for April 17, contracts

are already signed! Any thoughts? Fight is signed and Schaefer said the fight would be on April 17 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada. The fight was temporary off because Roy Jones Jr. was brutally knocked out by Danny Green and Hopkins considered on fighting Greenf or his Cruiserweight belt. Hopkins eventually changed his mind and entertained on fighting Roy Jones Jr which both have verball agreed to fight previously before the Green vs Jones match but contracts were never signed. Now it just became official that both camps agreed to principles of the fight and contracts have been signed by both.

Hopkins is 45 years old and Roy Jones Jr is 41. Both boxers are obviously pass their prime and may be fighting the last fight of their Hall of Fame worthy careers. What is your prediction for this fight? Would you buy it on payperview?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4824611

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is like neighbor hood fight these guys have wanted to fight each other for years now at their advanced they will fight again. I will no pay money to see this fight even though Roy Jones Jr is my favorite fighter who has ever lived. I don't care who wins to be honest with you but if I had to chose one I would take Jones at 165 any weight over that I pick Hopkins

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only one thought comes to mind: it better be free.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel sorry for the fools who are going to pay to watch a fighter who was brutally knocked out by someone in Australia (Danny Green it's his name i think??!!) against a 45 years old fighter who has fight twice in almost 2 years,once against a smaller fighter and the other was against a nobody!This is the kind of fights we deserve as Americans i guess,we love loud mouths and stereotypes here, not real athletes,many compatriots hate Pacquiao,Klitschkos and most foreign boxers,simply because they are not Americans but we love some bums only because they talk s h i t that most of the times can't even back it up, plus they show respect for none,we love drama here man not sports, that's why our sports are fading in the international field more and more as years go by .
    This fight is what we really deserve as Americans.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You've got to be kidding me. Roy don't know when to quit. I think he's trying to prove something because he was accused of choosing lesser fighters before. I'd go for Bernard Hopkins in this fight. I won't buy the PPV though. Just wait for replays.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A win for either really doesn't mean anything at all for their careers or legacies. I think both should simply retire. RJJ is my favorite athlete ever, but I have real trouble watching him now because physically he is so unpredictable - he could get grazed by a jab and have his equilibrium shut off.

I still think he'll beat Hopkins, Roy still has great speed, and Hopkins hasn't knocked anyone out since Oscar de la Hoya. Roy should he could still throw those flashy combinations against Lacy, that could be all it takes to beat Hopkins the way he fights now.

I wish this wasn't happening - but I'll pick Roy by UD.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally, Hopkins will have his revenge, in the very first round.

Even at Fight Night 3 on my PSP, I can't make Jones beat Hopkins.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's wrong with Roy Jones, is he broke or something?

Roy should never enter the ring again vs anyone, but he definitely should not be in the ring with Bernard Hopkins.

This is the type of stuff that's hurting boxing.
    Two washed up old *ss fighters slugging it out. What a Pity!

B hop will have Roy Knocked Out unconscious by the 6th if he doesn't decide to toy with him.

If Bernard plays around too much & makes it a defensive battle the way he sometimes likes to do he might lose by decision.

This is a lose, lose for boxing & nowhere near PPV worthy.

I hope this fight never happens

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    May the best man win.But i will give it to Jones and i would hope both retire,but not likely.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    UFC will dominate boxing if this is true. Roy Jones Jr. was demolished the last time he fought.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information