Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know about your specific area but you should be able to get enough help from government social services as well as private agencies no matter where you live in the U.S.

Start by finding a good crisis pregnancy clinic that focuses on helping women who plan to keep their babies or opt for adoption. They often provide free ultrasound, education, and baby supplies and could also get you in touch with other organizations that could provide help. You may also want to look into a maternity home where young mothers can go if they do not have money or the support of their families. They provide housing, education, and may also have job opportunities like cleaning, etc. where you could earn your own money. Start by looking in the phone book under "pregnancy" or "alternatives to abortion". Those organizations that do not encourage abortion will usually be the ones that can provide the most help for women keeping their babies/opting for adoption.

Also contact your social service office. This can also be found in the phone book or google it with the name of your city and state. They can set you up with a social worker who will evaluate your situation and can tell you what you are eligible for in terms of financial, medical or material assistance. There is also a program called WIC, also in the phone book, which provides free groceries - milk, eggs, cheese, peanut butter, etc. to pregnant women and women with young children.

There are probably plenty of resources in your area if you look for them. Check out the phone book listings and call around. You could also ask at your church if you have one. And of course if you decide that adoption is best after the baby is born any of these organizations can help you with that as well. In any case you will have to ask for the help though and it may involve meeting with people and filling out forms... but it will be well worth it for the kind of assistance you can get.

GOOD LUCK! )

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Should think about protection before bringing a life in to this world to give the baby a terrible life and expect the goverment to pay for you too live freely you skank whore

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    another irresponsible pregnant teen looking for free benefits, yes you can get help, the government is not giving it to you, hard working Americans tax payers pay it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    another irresponsible pregnant teen looking for free benefits, yes you can get help, the government is not giving it to you, hard working Americans tax payers pay it.

>Z<
    yes...child benefits maybe? and prob somethin extra for not bein able to get a job yet

good luck babe, give it your best shot!

xx

Premium G
    I think they will, but i am from texas

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the Uk yes, you can get benefits...but i do hate the benefits system. Sometimes there priorities lie on young teens getting themselves pregnant over someone who has been made redundant.

If you are planning a kid and using the benifits system please keep in mind of the hard working tax payer who is paying for the support.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if the government there has a child support program, like the one here where i live, BC canada, the teen mom would still get a childcare supplement check. I dont think the look at the mothers age.. the care for the child not the mother.

the check is not much tho... for us here... its only about $250 a month, that barely covers the diapers and formula.

Nat&Brooke's Mom
    I don't know about AZ but in TX you can go to the Health and human services and apply for TANF(they send you a monthly check), also medicaid for the child, and if your pregnant for yourself and food stamps for food of course. I would look into that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information