Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    kyubi

'06 Dodge 2500 shakes violently after going over bumps?

I want to apologive in advance for my long winded description. Just want to give all the facts that I can.

So I bought a used Dodge 06 2500 Diesel w/ Cummins 5.9L. When I drove it home I noticed it started to shake violently. It scared the living poop out of me. I was probably going about 70-75 mph. I brought it in to my personal mechanic and they said the truck checked out great but was a little concerned about some vibrations coming from the back. They thought it might be the rear differential. So I brought it back to the used car dealership because the truck needed the turbo sensor replaced. When driving back to the dealership, my truck stated shaking like crazy again. When I got to the dealership, I expressed my concern in regards to this shaking and they said they would look into it. I left them the truck for two days. Sure enough they said they couldn't make it shake so they couldn't fix it because there was no way to diagnose it. I can understand that. Upon picking up my truck I, again, expressed my deep concern with the shaking because it almost made me wreck into the center divider. After talking in circles for 15 mins with the people there, one person finally went on a test drive with me. GUESS WHAT?!?! It didn't happen, so I had no choice but to drive it home. Sure enough, I'm changing lanes and the truck starts going crazy again. Then I begin to think that its just the road. So I turn around and go over the same part. It shakes a little but not like it did before. Then I decided to just ride the bumps on the freeway (for like 2-3 seconds) going about 70-80 mph and sure enough the truck starts shaking like its having an epileptic attack.

So I think I've narrowed it down that when I go over bumps repetitively for a short period of time, the truck starts to vibrate and shake and get all crazy and it only happens when I'm going over 65mph.

WTF is going on with my truck?

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It could be a broken tire cord or about a dozen other things.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information