mail chat? I'm having problems with the Windows Live Messenger contacts I have in my Yahoo Messenger (9.0.0.2018). It appears that the Windows Live contacts are offline in my list when really they are online and I am online to them. Their status is set as online and they do not have me blocked because one is my own Windows Live contact. I signed in to my Windows Live Messenger on a different computer to troubleshoot the problem, but I can't figure it out.

2nd problem is I'm using Rogers/Yahoo web mail. Which is the same as Yahoo Pro. The chat program for the web mail has the same problem. It is showing that nobody is online when I know that they are. If I send an offline chat to them, they appear offline to me but I am online to them.

I have contacted Rogers on this problem and they are baffled as to why this is happening. They suggested that I reset the Firefox user preferences, but that didn't make any difference. They didn't have any other suggestions for me so they suggested I contact Yahoo. ( waiting on their reply)

As for anyone in my list using Yahoo Messenger or the Rogers/Yahoo web mail, they always come up as being online without a problem.

At one time it was all working fine, no problems. But it's been over a month now and I can't seem to fix it or find anyone who knows why this is happening.. However every now and then someone with Windows Live Messenger will appear in my online list in the Rogers/Yahoo web mail chat. But most of the time they never do. So why work some days and then not the others? Seems strange to me.

Any suggestions would be helpful please.