Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Roar like baby dinosaurs!

Did you ever think that you'd see the day that Toyota would have a major recall?

Toyota like Honda was the pinnacle of reliability. Not any more. I just hope Toyota doesn't go the way of Ford. I've owned 3 Fords and I'll never, ever, own another "Found On The Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily, Fouled Up On Recall Day" Ford vehicle again!
    If the recall wasn't enough, the powers that be from what I read, were somewhat reluctant to remedy the situation. ( o _ 0 ) Umm...correct me if I'm wrong, but that's like serious negligence?!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    still the pinnacle of reliability, doesnt effect the reliability and fixed for free, still great vehicles

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It had to happen eventually. Toyota's real problem now is that they have opened the door for the Volkswagen brand (VW, Audi, and now Porsche) to take over as top carmaker in the world. All three German vw makes are known for being extremely reliable and recall free. Toyota is sure to bounce back though. The advantage they have over the Germans is the affordability and that translates into lots of sales.

Ronny W
    Very surprising I expected more out of a company like Toyota.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course, Toyota would have a major recall. It is inevitable that ever major player in the automotive business will have a least one.
    But know this; Toyota didn't manufacture these gas pedal assemblies and the Company that did makes them for other Manufacturers too. This isn't over yet.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup! it was only a matter of time.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every manufacturer has recalls, its not a big deal as long as they don't drag their feet and fix whatever needs fixing. Toyota is still the pinnacle of reliability. Ugh, VW recall free? our Jetta had three recalls. One was for seat heaters which could get too hot and burn the driver and or start a fire, the other for faulty ignition coils, the third was for some kind of an engine bracket.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every manufacturer has recalls, its not a big deal as long as they don't drag their feet and fix whatever needs fixing. Toyota is still the pinnacle of reliability. Ugh, VW recall free? our Jetta had three recalls. One was for seat heaters which could get too hot and burn the driver and or start a fire, the other for faulty ignition coils, the third was for some kind of an engine bracket.

I like ford but the moniker is true..

A couple of friends have toyotas and they are pretty much bomb proof up til this recall thing.. that said they look like a grandmas grocery getter.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    VW Audi and Porsche? Recall free??? HA!! ever heard of unintended acceleration? almost wiped Audi out completely. (and not really Audi's fault by the way)

Every manufacturer has had a major recall, this isn't Toyota's first, and all the other companies have had them. At least their cars aren't burning peoples houses down like Ford's brake switch problem( catching on fire, even after the car has been shut off for hours)

Toyota is still reliable, the media is blowing this out of proportion and at least Toyota will fix it properly. Oh and surprise, surprise only the US made Toyotas are having a problem. Gotta love those US auto workers!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information