Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    rockchic

Want to cancel vodafone direct debit?

It's a 24 month contract but I have to leave the country this month end sincwe I'm moving back to australia , so I've used only 1yr 2months and can't afford to pay for the rest of the contract which is what I know they'll ask me to do.
    Can I just cancel the direct debit online with my bank or they still have a way of taking out the money from my account? also, do I need to write them [vodafone] or anything

thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just go to your bank and cancel the direct debit they will do it for you no problem.

ƒ???????¢ ¢??
    They'll expect you to pay the remaining 10 months. You can cancel the direct debit with your bank, what will happen is the payment will fail at Vodafones end, then they'll send you a letter. After a couple of weeks, they'll block your phone. After about 2 months they'll send you a final bill for the remaining months, then if you don't pay that they will pass it to a debt collecting agency.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, if you bank online, you can easily cancel it from there in the direct debit section.

But to be honest - if you're leaving the country - CLOSING your bank account would be not only a better or safer but much common sense answer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information