Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do the Tea-Partiers refuse to follow the proper, genteel rules of debate?

They just shout out of turn, do not cite facts, and do not show genteel respect for their opponents. When you are arguing with a politician, you should use terms like "sir" and be polite disagree. You should not yell at them. I watched the House debate over healthcare on C-SPAN. They do not usually show respect for their opponents, and that makes me upset. However, they do cite facts, and they do abide by a formal set of rules. (usually) The same cannot be said for the Tea Partiers. They just yell and shout and become emotional.

The same goes for a lot (not all, but a lot) of protestors, liberal or conservative. The Tea Partiers just happen to be the current largest example.
    The G20 protestors made me SICK. It is embarassing when my fellow liberals become illogical and resort to civil disobedience (I hate to say this, but I probably would have had a hard time swallowing the Civil Rights Movement.)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're kidding right?

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Give them time to learn the rules.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you sometimes have to do that when politicians are lying through their teeth, calling Tea-Party protesters racists and nazis and generally ignoring their real concerns.

Politicians only deserve the respect they earn. And they only earn respect by acting respectful to the people they were elected to SERVE.

Whey they lie to and insult their constituents, they deserve to be treated like crooks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Tea Party are not even close to the worst...liberals are and always have been the "champs" there

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because most of them are uneducated, hate-filled, racist hypocrites.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You, Your Party and Your President are GOING DOWN!!!

I'm no Tea Bagger, but you leftist loons love to burn cars and throw shit on the streets during the G-20 Summits...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All your politicians don't respect you, they think your all a bunch of idiots who don't know how to run your own lives. So they're going to run it for you! And that includes me. So why should I respect them? Give me a reason.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of the contributors to this tone in addressing their respected colleagues and the public was displayed by Sen, John McCain during the 2008 presidential debates. He walked over to Sen. Obama, gestured at him and made a vocal reference to "this one". How quickly some forget even recent history.

As the saying goes "the fish rots from the head down." When a respected long term Senator can refer to a colleague as "this one" without a public outcry for an apology, what can you expect from any segment of the population.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information