Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you think there would ever be a WET like White Entertainment TV... kinda like BET?

people say things like "ohh well ALL the channels are "white entertainment" and has no black people"

this is not trueee!

I used to watch Sister Sister, Family Matters, Bill Cosby and Smart Guy... and those were on all the popular stations like Disney and Nick and all those channels that are said to be "for white people only"...

so i think to say it's ONLY white people on all the other channels is total BS...so why not have a WET?

I'd love to just listen to only rock music, no rap(thats just not my thing), and other white entertainment, but that doesn't make me racist because many black people watch their own channel.

Oh hush!
    you watch what ever you feel like watching.
    You got TV crap like MTV and VH1...which plays all sorts of music
    you got WE (womens entertainment) and Lifetime
    you got CMT (country music television)

TNT
    Spike
    TBS

the list goes on and on...

would there really be a point to a WET (white entertainment television)? It actually sounds like some type of adult channel

Actually it is pretty much true. the majority of television features white Americans. so technically your "WET" already exists and is all of television.

So why would we add even more white Americans onto television when we need to have a great opportunity to be introduced to a lot more of different races on American television, not just mainly whites?

?careithinkyoudo
    WET stands for Women's Entertainment Television.

The reason that there is a BET&WET, is the same reason that there is something called "Affirmative Action." Affirmative action requires all places of work to hire a certain number of minorities regardless of their qualifications. It is to keep them from being rejected due to race. Just as all companies now get tax breaks, if they decide to hire handicaps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information