Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fans wont work on 97 Dodge Grand Caravan.?

I have checked the relay switches and the fuses. I also bought a whole new fan assembly and they still don't turn on. I heard that there is a radiator fan relay located somewhere else within the engine. It is a 3.0 V6 front wheel drive. Any advice would be helpful.

Oh and I also took it to a mechanic to have it looked at and the guy thought he was doing the emissions on it and ran it through and told me that the computer in the van was not connected because he wasn't getting any readings. But this same mechanic told me I had to have my brakes and rotors changed before he could tell me what was wrong with my engine.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are two relays for the fan system and also there is a temperature sensor that could be faulty but usually the relay causes fan failer to engage issues.On those there should be a low amp fuse like a 5amp fuse inside the vehicle that can cause the scanner not to be able to communicate with the vehicles comp if the fuse is faulty or blown.

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way that mechanic makes me wonder how well he knows his stuff and I'd be looking for another mechanic if I were you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow,what a mechanic he must be,you need to look on the inner fender well for the relay for that van the factory ones are pop riveted on and they can be removed and replaced,and please find another mechanic to go to ,this one don't know too much about dodges or he wouldn't be telling you things like this,good luck.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow,what a mechanic he must be,you need to look on the inner fender well for the relay for that van the factory ones are pop riveted on and they can be removed and replaced,and please find another mechanic to go to ,this one don't know too much about dodges or he wouldn't be telling you things like this,good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information