Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Amit

Boycott the Chinese Olympics?

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/...

Tibetan were protesting the lighting of the Olympic torch. Personally I am very happy that people are starting to boycott these games. Now I know people from China (probably the Chinese propaganda machine), will be making comments as to how I do not know what I am talking about, there is something seriously wrong in China. The best thing to do will be TO BOYCOTT the OLYMPICS.

It is very simple, whenever you see a product that has anything to do with a US company sponsoring the Chinese Olympics, DO NOT BUY IT. The only reason China has gotten away with the occupation of Tibet, is that it contains no real natural resources (OIL).

Now I am waiting for Chairman Mao (idiot) propaganda machine saying that this topic should be blocked.

How do you feel about the Olympics?
    EDIT

Randee I do not buy chinese products... and yes it is personal whenever a group of people or way of thinking is starting to buy wiped off the face of the earth

vergildmd
    Yeah china is pretty messed up and the government injecting ideas into the public's minds. Olympics is pretty crap too so yeah why not.

Matthew O
    To answer the question you finally thought of adding at the end of your statement, it is my opinion that the Olympics are being used for political reasons by people who want to take advantage of ignorant people. The Olympics are completely irrelevant to the issues that such pandering power-seekers are trying to make hay with.

colico
    I agree that they should be boycotted?

Randee
    Are we talking about the Olympics or your personal vendetta against the chinese? There is no reason to punish athletes who have trained years, possible most of their lives, to compete in the Olympics just because you have a personal vendetta. Sorry, but maybe you should figure out what you really have a problem with and stop buying products made in China instead. =)

salty.pretzel
    I have been studying this in school. Tibet is mad at China and will boycott the Olympics. Not EVERY person will stop going, but it would still be fun. Although, if people stopped buying tickets then the ticket prices would go down. The Olympics is a stupid game in my opinion. We spend thousands of dollars JUST to get in, then we have to pay for snacks and t-shits or 40$ socks!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information