Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    sam s

history 101 help please?

What are the essential points that Sieyes makes about the Third Estate? How does the Declaration of the Rights of Man fulfill the demands made by Sieyes? What was basis for the legal status of people living in the Old Regime? How did the Revolution overturn this legal framework?

wilberto_agosto_cuevas
    Try wikipedia.org

hellycool
    I couldn't fully answer this however I suggest a look at the Mark Steel Lectures on the French Revolution and Thomas Paine's the rights of man.

One bit of intellect I can provide on this subject is.

Being, as it was, a very liberal book, Thomas Paine's "The Rights of Man" threatened to upset the social order of an aristocratic hierarchy in France, and thus when the lower classes read it, and decriminalised it's publication, people were able to read it and break out of this to assert their own regime. When The aristocracy was ousted and executed so were many positions of authority, so the judiciary almost crumbled and reformed due to a total overhaul of people contributing to it and also being fed into by the legislative differently.

hellycool
    I couldn't fully answer this however I suggest a look at the Mark Steel Lectures on the French Revolution and Thomas Paine's the rights of man.

One bit of intellect I can provide on this subject is.

Being, as it was, a very liberal book, Thomas Paine's "The Rights of Man" threatened to upset the social order of an aristocratic hierarchy in France, and thus when the lower classes read it, and decriminalised it's publication, people were able to read it and break out of this to assert their own regime. When The aristocracy was ousted and executed so were many positions of authority, so the judiciary almost crumbled and reformed due to a total overhaul of people contributing to it and also being fed into by the legislative differently.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information