Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Red-Green

Which one is better for a college student: MacBook Pro or iMac?

Hi, well i need a new computer for college, and i was wondering which computer i should get.
    I do some photo and video editing, i also use Microsoft Office alot,
    because i am going to be a college student i can not afford very expensive computers, i would like a mac, but only if i buy them cheaper some where else? (if you know of a place where i can get ether cheaper please tell me)
    if not i will have to buy a Vista machine, which ain't that bad but i would prefer a mac.

So Mac-Book Pro (don't like the normal Mac-book), iMac, or Vista , and if you can where to get them less expensive.

Thank You!
    JL3, How would i buy it from my school?, like the website?
    x3xceltickidx3x. does this happen in most of the good universities? and everyone got Microsoft Office for free, the ones who had PCs?

aiemme
    Mac book pro is good
    you could get a good refurbished one off line, go to apple.com and they arnt like the broken kind that people stole and there illgal they come from the actual apple store. thats the best LEGAL deal you could get.

but cheak weekly sometimes the prices go down or more selection is added

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?node=home/specialdeals/mac

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB134LL/A?mco=MTU5Njg3MA&fnode=home%2Fspecialdeals%2Fmac

Angela S
    macbook pro because its portable

angel_love_daydream
    You really need to check with your school before you buy a mac because they aren't always compatible with programs you might have to use for your major. You can also get a pc from cheaper especially if you go to a store that sells used computers that have been restored and repaired.

Andrew O
    macbook pro, becuase it's fast and portable.
    and when your bored in class you can youtube it.

=]

FieldHockeyGirl
    If you do a lot of video/photo, go with a Mac. They come with a native software to do that kind of editing. There's also a Mac version of Microsoft office. The home and student edition retail for $149.99, same as the Windows edition. Also, there's no such thing as a cheap Mac. Unlike PC companies, Mac price controls all of their products, so they never go on sale like other computers.

You do have the option of things like financing. Best Buy has 18 months no interest right now on anything $699 and up.

Now, MacBook Pro vs Imac. The notebook you can take with you to and from class, while the iMac isn't quite so portable. However, the iMac comes in 22" and 24" screens, so it gives you a big canvas to use for your editing programs. I'd suggest playing with them in the store and using that experience to decide which one would fir your uses best.

Good Luck!

I'm totally illiterate.
    if you get a macbook now, you can get a free itouch, or nano.
    so i think you should take advantage of that deal.

Brittney Leigh
    Well, I have a vista, and my boyfriend has a macbook. And I am here to say, please get a macbook. I just got my laptop back about, an hour ago, It was rebooted. Thats the 7 or 8th time they've worked on my laptop, simply because it's vista. My boyfriends is great, it's so speedy, and it's great, it pays for itself just in the fact i've spent more money fixing my laptop and fixing vista, then it was worth

emmabugg
    macbook pro because mobility is awesome.
    also sometimes apple has refurbished ones you can buy for less and sometimes they appear on ebay. once and while best buy might have them cheaper but you just have to look. theyve brought the prices down alot this year..

JL3
    I like mac and I like pc. But vista blows donkey turds. If you want to save money, get a pc. You can buy any adobe program in mac or pc.

If you want to get it cheaper, buy it through your school. I got my macbook through my school and I got it for $100 cheaper.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information