Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unregistered
    I just want to write a little about Danny because I'm pretty sad that he's gone. He used to tell me that he would always do the opposite of what was trendy, so if it was trendy for guys to have long hair he would shave his head, and if short hair was in he would grow it long. I thought that was so hilarious and cool that he was no slave to fashion of any kind. We would talk on the phone kind of a lot. He worked the graveyard shift at the gas station that he was working at. He was never weird or rude to me. We just had fun having silly conversations. I think the first time that we talked was 1991, and I have thought about him so many times since then. I was stalking the Howard Stearn forums to see if I could somehow find him, that is how much I liked him as a person.

Unregistered

Heart New All those replies about Danny are from me.

I know probably not many people will read this, but I just want to share more memories that I have of Danny. We talked a lot at night because I had really bad insomnia back then (still do actually) and he was working the shift overnight so we would talk while he was at work. He lived right by the gas station that he worked at, and would ride his bike to work every night. His girlfriend worked in an office setting. I think she took the bus to work every day... cant remember though but I do remember that they did not have a car at all. His name on TS was recorded Danny and then bababooey bababooey.... He would tell me stuff that was going on at work and then tell me about the customers as they came and went. He worked there for a LONG time... I think it may have been something like 10 years... maybe not quite that long but I was really surprised at how long he was there.

Unregistered

Heart New The thing I am most sad about

Danny and I had kind of a falling out near the time when I stopped calling Talk Salad. I think it was somewhere around the beginning of 1992 or so. I was honestly a little jealous of his girlfriend ... I would have never wanted them to break up and Danny was such a stand-up guy that he would have never cheated on her in a million years (I wouldnt either... just saying) but that was the reason on my part that I would sometimes make comments. Totally 100% my fault,, and if he ever even thought about it or me again I hope he forgave me. He always, always defended her. I'm trying to remember the other stuff that he was into. I mentioned that he liked Howard Stern... I think he was a rock music fan? I'm not sure at all on that one. Howard was still on KLSX in southern California at that time, if I remember right. (I just looked it up... Howards show was syndicated in 1991 and he was on KLSX 97.1 at the time.) I'll type more as I remember.

Unregistered

Heart New More about Danny from Talk Salad in Los Angeles CA

I remember that he would always tell me that even though he was younger he felt like he was an older protective brother to me, which I always thought was really sweet. He would defend me sometimes on the boards. People were there for a variety of reasons... some were there to hook up and others were there to chat and make friends. I was very bad at making new friends, but I was grateful for those (like Danny and others) that befriended me.

Unregistered

Heart New

Its Melanie (again) ... I think I also made a dupe account on Talk Salad and this was my handle. I believe that D and I actually laughed about this and he teased me a little abiout it if I remembered right. Oh another thing... when I told him (Danny) I was a Jerry Lewis fan he would always say "Hey Laadyyy" to me. He was all "Yeah didnt Jerry Lewis used to say that?"... it was related to something else that I cant quite remember right now. Dang I miss him ... my heart hurts that hes gone!

Unregistered

Star Blue

You know, I think all of this with Danny was closer to 1993 than 91. I remember that I didn't work for that year so that gave me all the time to leave those messages on Talk Salad. I've been thinking about him and those times almost non-stop for the last few days.

Unregistered

Heart New

So funny thinking about this time of my life in detail... and I'm kinda glad no one reads these boards in a way lol! It must have been late 1993 to early 1994 that I started calling Talk Salad in Los Angeles. I started working again in May 1994, and I'm sure that at that point I didnt really have time to call TS anymore, so I think I called into the line probably 4 to 6 months max. Its interesting how someone that I really didnt know for that long had such a huge impact on me. I was having some personal difficulties at that time and Dannys friendship really helped me through.

Unregistered

Play Misty for Me

D and I talked about this movie... I remember him mentioning it specifically but I cant remember what the conversation was about. Its so weird how these memories come flooding back after all these years in bits and pieces.

Unregistered

Mobilephone1

So... I think we were talking about the phone part in the beginning for some reason. I was looking for it on YT but for some reason absolutely zero clips show it. I miss you Danny wherever you are. I wish I knew at least a little about how your life turned out. I'll keep posting here as the memories come back to me. Wish there was another guy like you... there probably is but I am getting to the age where I feel like it just doesnt matter anymore... like, so many guys around my age are jaded and unfunny or just angry about life.

Unregistered

Ok so...

I'm trying to find out more about Danny from Rob Kincaid who posted here about Talk Salad back in 2018. Turns out Rob Kincaid passed away a few months after posting his comments. My heart breaks for his family and friends.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information