Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    PacificST

can someone please name all of the civilizations, empires and people that lived at the

time of christ? I know the Romans were there but beyond and surrounding that area what were the people that lived during the time. Perhaps asia, the americas...
    I'm sorry lol I meant the well known civilizations in general

Morningfoxnorth
    That's a big order, there must be 100's of different "civilizations" and cultures. As for people, what do you mean by that? There were about 150 million people in the world at that time, you can't really expect me to name them all!

Try gooling the history of each country.

Lo-Lo
    Oooooooo, it's a lot, the world's a big place!!!
    However, to start you off:

Augustus was emperor at the time of Christ's death. He had contact with/fought/conquered:
    The Middle Eastern power of Parthia
    Hispania
    Raetia
    Noricum
    Illyricum
    Pannonia
    Syria
    Galatia
    Cantabrians
    Lusitania
    Germania
    Armenia
    Gauls
    Celts
    Don't forget a lot of these names will be the Roman given versions so you'd have to look into them to see what they thought of themselves.

There are a whole host of barbarian tribes whose names come in to play in the later Roman period, presumably they existed or their predecessors did at the time of Christ, try:
    Vandals
    Alamanni
    Huns (a branch of the Mongols)
    Visigoths
    Goths
    Alans
    Franks

Around that time in Indian you get the establishment of the Indo-Parthian empire and the establishment of the Kushan Empire. China's got the Western Han then Xin dynasties. Aborigines are alone minding their own business in Australia as are other indigenous peoples all over the world. Japan is in the Yayoi period. You're looking at the Zapotecs in Central America. The Inuits are partaking in the Dorset culture.

That should keep you going for a while!

Anna P
    The OP is right, there were thousands of civilizations including Africa. The Indus River was still strong, as was China. Check Mayan and Incan on Wikipedia--I believe they had started. Also google Silk Road, it was very important.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information