Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    ryan t

need some info or your opinions on buying a used kawasaki ninja 250?

hey, im new to sport bikes....and there is this guy selling a 2007 kawasaki ninja 250 for 2500$ . the thing is...i just turned 18 about a week ago. and my mom doesnt really want me to get one..but im gettin one anyway. but anyway...i signed up for the msf course..but i coulndt get in because of too many people...would it be ok if i baught this bike to learn/train on...then go take the dmv driver test? i havnt really ridden one of these bikes before so im kind of looking for some info and help here....the bike has 3,700 miles on it. but anyway...what should i look out for when buying a used bike? and im 6'1''...would this bike fit me good enough to just learn on? and does anyone know about how much insurance would be? i have a clean driving record. but any info would be appreciated. thanks!

Steve Y
    I'm 6' and my son's '07 Ninja fits me fine. His already has way more than 4000 miles on it. I'm beginning to discover that people who diss these bikes probably haven't ridden one. The red line is 13000 rpm and they don't start to wake up until about 8000. They're plenty fast enough for most legal applications.

Jonny B
    You are kind of big for a Ninja 250. They are kind of hard to sell as well and you will get bored with it quick. You should buy something bigger to learn on. i bought a Honda Nighthawk 750 for about $2800 dollars. They quit making them in 2003, but there alot of used ones between 92-03 out there. it is a quick, fun, sporty, and most important comfortable bike to learn on. in WI you can take the written test at the DMV, and legally ride during the day with a helmet. You have like 6mos to take the MSF course. If you have to have a crotch rocket for your first bike get at least a 600cc.

fan d
    Well... its illegal to ride a bike without a proper licence, it can't harm just to test drive it. The ninja 250 is a really good beginer's bike because it's only a 250cc. The thing about bike is you don't really need insurance. But if you are looking for insurance than be ready to pay big bucks. When you buy a used bike just look to see if its in good condition, any wears and tears, and make sure everything is tight and maybe bring a professional to take a good look at it.

Tito
    If you have a Motorcycle Permit it would be legal to ride a bike around. Of course, if you don't know how to ride a bike I would go ask someone you know to teach you. Yes, the MSF course teaches you how to operate a bike but the main thing it does is boost your confidence on a motorcycle.

billcarr
    In Arizona a new rider takes the written test for motorcycle certificate. Passing that, the rider has 6 months to finish the practical test. During the 6 months you go take the riders course and receive your endorsement when you complete it.

chai
    i have one, and i would say to look into getting a an 08. Its a little more expensive, but the new body style is worth it. I wish i had waited a couple of more months b4 i bought my ninja 250. um, at 6'1", it may be a littel short for you, maybe get something a little more powerful. im 5'7 and my feet touch the ground. My brother is a bit taller than u and is scrunched up on m y bike...umm make sure the battery, tires, and chain is good. tests drive it...insurance is very expensive, but its worth it...in FL anyway you arent required to have insurance.....you have to get the msf card so the DMv can put it on your lisence...you cant just take the road test at the dmv, becaue you you are under 21..(FL law anyway)

if u are going to get a 2007 for 2500, u should go ahead and get a older year (not to old) b/c the body style is the same...so you arent getting anything extra...if you want to pay more u might as well get an 08. good luck and have fun on that bike!

~chai

jarrah001
    I think you will find this bike a bit too small and underpowered if your over 5'6"! Have a look around at a few 600cc (midsize) road bikes. For $2500 you can afford an older (2 or 3yrs) bike from a reputable dealer thats been safety checked and serviced!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information