Sorry I know it's long but it's not boring- please read! Ok so my school's 7th grade end of the year dance is coming up (most ppl have an 8th grade one but thats HS where I live) and I dont have a dress!!! Me & my mom are going shopping this Friday at the mall & a nearby Saks outlet! The mall is more of a galleria, it has the good department stores like Neimans, Nordstroms, Saks, etc. At the beginning of this year I wasn't really worried about finding a cheap(ish) dress, but now I'm kind of freaking out. The dance is in May, but all of my friends have their dresses, correction, their EXPENSIVE dresses. I cant say I'm surprised, I know I live in a envoronment where alot of girls are extremely spoiled, even though I go to a public school half of the kids here live in multimillion dollar homes, and the other half is just upper-middle class. I live in the wealthy area even though my family is not super rich with multiple homes- like alot of the people around here are-money has never really been an issue for us, but recently my dad switched jobs thinking he'd make more money, but he's currently making LESS. BTW I'm telling you all this so you'll understand my question better. Ok so all my friends got like $300+ dresses at BCBG, SAKS, Zara etc. A couple days ago I found a dress on the Neiman Marcus website that I LOVED & was about $300. Not until today did my mom make it clear that I would not be getting a dress that expensive unless I paid for part of it, even though a couple months ago we were AT Neimans and I found a dress on sale for $100 and my mom was all excited at what a "great deal" it was (the dress didn't fit) So I'm thinking our price range is about $100-$225 and I need some unique store (not website) suggestions. Please dont suggest stores with like $50 day dresses like forever 21 or charlotte russe, this is semi formal, it needs to be few inches above the knee & NOT strapless. Aim for stores with dresses around my price range, not cheaper, nor more expensive. I'm also getting my hair done at a salon & buying shoes to go with the dress & one of my friends even wants to rent a hummer limo for about 8 of us!! I think the limo is stupid, I mean it's just 7th grade! I know it would be pretty darn fun to ride up to the schools gates in that though! However I do want this to be a fun experience for me hence the reason I'm getting a somewhat expensive dress/hairdo. So please suggest unique semi-formal dress shops or anyplace that has exeptionally good dresses. I like BCBG & Betsey Johnson (not the strapless ones) but those dresses are like $400+ so unless it's on sale or at an outlet, I doubt I'll be getting mine there. But any stores you can think of similar to those but about $100-$200 cheaper! Sorry it's so long, thanks! I'll choose best answer!!