Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Each plant in a garden display costs $0.50 and takes up 9 square inches of space. If a..

...gardener has $50? to spend on the display and he wants to make it 4 times as long as it is wide, the garden display should be _____ in. long.

Unregistered
    Assume X is width, so 4X will be the length: means Area = Width X Length = 4XX

Now (0.5/90) = (50/4XX) => X = 15;
    Therefore, length 4X = 60 inches

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)