So about 6 months back, I parked in a spot that I thought was near the reserved auto shop parking spots at my high school for a few days, but I guess it was one of them. The teacher gave me a huge lecture and I told him that I wouldn't park there again. I wasn't able to get a parking lot permit since I didn't get my license until past the deadline. The next day, I parked away from that area in the open lot where other cars were parked because I couldn't find any spots in the neighborhoods and was already late to class. I regret just not going home.

That day I got back to my car and found a flat tire and gum on my car. When I got in my car, I noticed it smelled strongly of gasoline. Very strongly. I've also noticed since then that the engine breaks down a lot more than usual.

I drove it for about a month after that (my dad checked it out and said that it wouldn't catch on fire, but he doesn't know a lot about cars) but after that I just couldn't stand the smell. It made me light headed. I haven't driven it much since then and have just gotten a ride, but does anyone know what was done to my car (presumably by the auto shop kids). It was super upsetting and I just want to know what is possibly wrong with it before I can earn enough money to get it fixed. The car still smells and the engine breaks down a lot easier than ever before when I do have to use the car for emergencies.