Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Artemis Pan

Is there a college major over ancient civilizations? What is it called,

exactly? What can you do with it? I've always loved reading about the ancient history of basically all civilizations, and it just occurred to me that there must be a major for this in colleges. What is it called? If you're going it right now, what do you like about it? Describe your personal experiences with the coursework. What classes do you take?

What kind of jobs can you do with a degree in the study of ancient civilizations? (very important)

Chelsea
    It's not my major, but my university offers a Classical Studies major. It requires Latin 1 & 2 and Ancient Greek 1 & 2 and at least eight classics courses, which study ancient civilizations. There is actually a specialization for it called "Classical Civilizations." Its courses cover exactly what you are looking for.

I'm not sure what kind of job you could get with a degree like that. You could definitely teach, or you could do research and work for the Smithsonian or something similar.

Your best bet is to see what your university offers in that subject area and then ask an adviser what kind of career paths you can pursue.

Good luck!

altaira_3
    It sounds like you're talking about archaeology. I don't know what kinds of jobs you could get though other than research and teaching

Vitamin S!
    Anthropology

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information