Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    hudini1982

Is it wrong to DNA test?

I just asked question related to new baby born on Monday and that it looks nothing like wife and I in the hair and skin color (Black curly hair and very brown skin and we are both very lite complication Caucasians). Wife and baby are still in hospital and hope to come home tomorrow or Saturday but she had C-section and had some difficulties but is doing fine now. But that is not related to my question in that I want to get a DNA test done I can tell my family is feeling that something is not right as much if not more then I am. I have not really made a big deal of it in front of my wife but have commented and she keeps changing the subject. Its really driving me crazy but not sure it be a good thing to do DNA or not and if suspicion is correct I not sure what would do.

Anji
    It's hard to say....

Was she cheating before the pregnancy?

If you feel that something is not right, then you have every right to ease your mind. But be prepared for the repercussions if this child is yours and your wife never did anything wrong.

Good luck.

firephoenixfire
    You'd be surprised that two light haired/ light complected people can have a dark haired baby.
    My husband and I both have very dark brown hair and all of our kids came out with light blonde hair and our two daughters still have blonde hair and they're 4 and 5 now (although its just now starting to turn a darker blonde).

No it's not wrong to want a dna test if you're worried. Its hard because if it is yours you're going to feel like a jerk afterwards for denying the baby but if you really feel like its not yours then do it.

Mad Girl!
    didn't you posted different question about same subject earlier??? man get over it, if you don't trust her so why you together!!!!!

~Smoochies~
    What would you do if the test came back saying you are not the father? Figure out your answer to that before you do anything. If nothing would change then maybe it's best not to know. If you can't stop thinking about it, then maybe it is a good idea. Perhaps you could ask a nurse to collect extra blood so DNA testing can be done when they draw blood for something else. Unless they do the cheek swab to test. Maybe they can do the testing discreetly so your wife doesn't find out. Curiosity would probably be killing me and I would want to find out.

Bekki B
    That depends on whether or not you trust your wife. If you have reasons to believe that she had an affair, then get tested. Just be ready to receive the consequences if the baby IS yours. I will day that newborns complexions do change as they get older, so maybe it would be best to wait a month or so.

Melissa
    like i said before... if you are having a gut feeling that something isnt right... then get one done.

Talk to your wife about it serisouly... so she cant change the subject... and just talk about what ur feeling and what shes feeling.

Good luck

mustangsweetthing
    get the DNA test if you feel it's not yours, and if the baby is yours when you find out at least you know you put your mind at ease. follow your gut. if she is changing the subject when you talk to her about it then something is wrong. my ex ask me for one bc he thought i was cheating and i gave it to him and it was his, come to find out he cheated on me and got another girl pregnant. he was out the door when i found. best of luck to you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information