Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Lola

How important are SAT Subject Tests?

I'm taking Math II and Literature tomorrow and I'm very worried because I've been too busy to really prepare for them. People have been telling me different things... How important are SAT 2's when it comes to college admissions? (I'm applying to University of Maryland, UVA, Emory, Cornell, JHU, NYU...)

Lilmohdingoboi
    Hello,
    I wouldn't panic yet about the scores for your SAT II's, the Math as long as you got a 5 on the Calc BC exam is pretty easy, and all that I have met that have taken Calc and at least passed have done really well on the exam. A lot and a lot of people got 780-800 on the exam. There is NO calculus on the exam, so if you haven't taken it don't worry about that. It is good to study for it if you aren't up on your math. As far as importance of the SAT II's well most universities tend to holistically look at their applicant, so as long as your EC's and grades are good you'd be ok. If you want to be "chanced" for your respective schools, I've included a great website in the source that you can browse that will provide you with a plethora of information on applying to college. I spent countless numbers of hours there last year when I was applying. Don't let their super stats discourage you though! Anyway, good luck.

jess
    It all depends on the colleges you're planning on applying to. Some colleges such as Boston University required the SAT II (subject test) While other colleges don't require it. I took the US History, and Spanish one. They were pretty easy. but when you decide to take a SAT II test you have to be sure that you pick a subject that you know you're really good at and are more likely to get a good grade in, that way it will def. look good in your application. Good Luck with your test. And trust me this stuff is def. complicated I'm in it myself. Senior yr is very stressful! lol. well hope everything goes well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information