Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    mistaked

Critique my photography?

http://warmsky.deviantart.com/gallery/

I know I go a little over the top with the brightness/saturation/contrast, but I personally like it so yeah. :P

How I could improve my photos is appreciated.

A bit about my experience: I'm 14, been doing photography and editing for almost 2 years, and I'll be taking my first photojournalism class this winter through school.

Thanks!
    Thank you so far everyone!
    I do use levels/curves a lot, but I will experiment with other options on it as well.
    Yes, a few, especially the football ones were quite busy. Maybe I should add extra blur to the background?
    Thanks a lot! For the compliments and suggestions.

Oh, yes, I've been planning to add some b&w shots to add some variety! Haven't gotten around to it yet. But yes, I love color usually.

Drama? As in more emotions? That's a nice suggestion, although I do not plan in the future to lean towards photojournalism.
    Thanks again!

Dull as in the concept? And yes, I know I tend to go a bit crazy with brightening. Hehe. I just can't stand darker photos, unless it goes with the concept. I will definitely try some pictures with a little less brightening/contrast, though!

Thanks again all - I'll pick a best answer as soon as Yahoo lets me.
    Ahaha, I would make a unique logo if I was doing photography very professionally, but I found the text logo sufficent.

Technically all photos are copyright to the photographer as soon as they take them. No license or such is necessary. So yes, they are copyright.

Katie C
    your photos are very good, the only thing is you shouldn't put the copyright symbol unless the photos are truly copyright. uniquely write your name, scan that image to your computer, and put that on photos.. it's more original

L e
    exposures good and they're really sharp. some of them are a little dull and over bright though. i like the ones of the football game, i think they're really good. keep shooting away. you're so lucky to be able to do photojournalism as a class in school at 14! i live in england and although you can do basic photography at school, you have to wait till college to be able to study photojournalism! so just make the most of it, learn lots, take loads of photos and you'll get there.

Fotoz 4 FX photography
    Fatima, for the most part the images are not very interesting (to me... it's my opinion and you did ask for it), however I did find a few that I did think were interesting... the faucet, the fence, and that little girl in the grass... a couple of them.

Your images are a little off color balance most of the time (too much yellow for me) and a bit saturated/contrasty.

Three elements you want in a photo... composition, exposure and theme. If you get all three, you have an effective photo.

Don't just take photos Fatima... create them. Think about the story you want to tell and eliminate the distractions. I realize we can't get onto the football field but you can crop out whatever isn't necessary to make the image more interesting.

gummyworldlover
    i think your really talented!

Amanda G
    they're really good. i love how you edited them. and one question, im like really interested in photography and stuff..so whats photojournalism for?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information