Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    BlackBoy 1014

CAN I INSTALL AN AMP TO MY STOCK 08 TC HEAD UNIT?

if there is any way can u please tell me what I need, and what i need to do...thank you

yes, you will need a line converter to hook the speaker wires a 2ch converter will be fine and hook it to the rear speaker wires and to the amp, and for the remote on wire there should be a wire for the antenna or,

zcardoza25
    You need to go to BestBuy, Circuit City, or any mom&pop Car Audio Shop and buy a "hi-lo Converter", also known as a High Level Input Low Level Output Coverter.

Other than that, all you will need is a basic amp install kit, and a 12v relay for wiring in your remote lead for the amp.

As far as the installation itself goes, I would recommend going with a professional, especially with a new car. The last thing you want is to possibly void your warranty by messing something up with the install. Take it to a shop, it will probably cost your anywhere from $80-$150 depending on where you go, but just make sure it gets done right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information