Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    boom boom x3

What's a photography project that you've had in college?? ?

I'm in high school, but we don't really have PROJECTS, the class is just taking pictures, and making prints. Which isn't much of a challenge considering I took the class year too. So, I want to challenge myself, y'know. Just for myself, and see how I do with it. So, please tell me some?

blue guru
    We had a list for our main project. For that list, we had to take photos of what each word meant to each of us.

Life - a flower or person for example
    Death
    bird's eye view - shot from above
    ant's eye view - shot from a low point upward
    motion
    reflection
    self portrait

You can probably find a list online. We also were encouraged to find personal projects. Some people took only photos of doors. Others did bikes. Some preferred cars or animals. Even another found quite a few abandoned shoes on long walks. Learn to get on all levels and every angle. You'll soon learn where your best shot is and how to get it.

blue guru
    We had a list for our main project. For that list, we had to take photos of what each word meant to each of us.

Death
    motion
    reflection
    self portrait

You can probably find a list online. We also were encouraged to find personal projects. Some people took only photos of doors. Others did bikes. Some preferred cars or animals. Even another found quite a few abandoned shoes on long walks. Learn to get on all levels and every angle. You'll soon learn where your best shot is and how to get it.

Maeby
    Great question. I suggest:

taking conceptual photos with plastic cameras
    www.lomography.com

shooting a series of photo noir

Also, join www.jpgmag.com - the sites always got inspiring themes like Faith icons, Homage to Cinema, Out of Place...

Alternative processes (most require a darkroom, not all)
    http://www.alternativephotography.com/process.html

And you can try different speed films to experiment with techniques & outcomes, etc.

Hope that helps & good luck with your photography!

blue guru

Death
    motion
    reflection
    self portrait

fhotoace
    Running the film through the camera twice (just double the ISO setting so you don't end up with a roll of film that is over exposed) shooting different subjects each time through.

Shoot using a 25a (red) filter and IR film outdoors of people and old buildings

Ask your instructor how to do a nine negative test and then do that ... that will take you a few weeks to do it right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information