Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    mxrider0307

i have a viper remote start the 1600 kit .can i hook up a viper alarm system to...

...it.and use the same remote? i just dont want to have to carrry two remotes or buy the $400 something alarm w/ remote start kit

KaeZoo
    Do you mean the 160XV?

If the remote starter has an activation wire, then you can install the alarm system and use an accessory output to activate the remote start. Then you'll be using the alarm's transmitter for the alarm and remote start functions. You wouldn't be able to use the remote starter's transmitter to control the alarm.

There's a few extra steps needed to make the alarm play nice with the remote start system. Ideally, you'd want to be able to activate the remote start without having to disarm the alarm first. To do this, you'd need to bypass the alarm's ignition input and shock sensors while the remote starter is in use.

I have a setup like this in one of my cars, using a Viper 350XV alarm system with an Avital 4000XL remote starter. It works just like a combination alarm/remote starter.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information