Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I put ringtones on my lg220c straight talk phone?

THIS IS A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO DO IT PROPERLY, mods please don't delete this, as ***IT DOES CONTAIN MY QUESTION*** at the end of this message.
    Also I couldn't find this information on the site and all questions regarding this information are unanswerable and/or contain incorrect or unusable information

BEFORE THE GOOD STUFF: This is absolutely free, I was looking for a free way myself and this is what I figured out. This method is for the lg220c phone that I got with the Straight Talk service thing from Wal-mart. I got the $45 unlimited plan but it will work on any plan that has web service (which I think is all of them). ^_^

A lot of people have asked this and since I haven't found a correct answer, I've figured it out on my own and would like to share it with you, since it was a pain in my butt. Ventones.com and similar methods HAVE NOT worked for me so I am just going to tell you how I did it.

1. take any mp3 or similar file and convert it to ".qcp" since .mid or "midi" files are semi-impossible to make from another audio file (very technical, don't worry about it).
    NOTE: you will have to make it under ~70KB as well (not sure exact size but that's about right) To do this you will have to take your shiny mp3 to any site that will convert it for you, I use http://www.myxer.com and http://www.makeownringtone.com
    For myxer: myxer.com > ringtones(its a tab with drop down list) > "make your own..." > edit it to be ABOUT 30 seconds of your favorite song or w/e, feel free to experiment with length and file size > and from there you can save to your comp.

2. take the new .qcp file and go to http://www.davidpye.com/index.php?page=freewap SCROLL DOWN TO BOTTOM OF PAGE and youll see where you can upload it to their free site.

3. It'll tell you to navigate to a certain URL in your phones browser and download it from on your phone. Do so.

4. After a successful download you should have your new audio file and it should be in your "my audio" section. Enjoy and spread the word!

Look for my tut on how to send pics for wallpaper or w/e as well, I will be putting one up soon (April 23, 2010)

Anyone have any other ways that ACTUALLY worked? (you tested yourself)

Unregistered

Re: How do I put ringtones on my lg220c straight talk phone?

I love you so fekkin much!

Unregistered

Re: How do I put ringtones on my lg220c straight talk phone?

want to download ringtones to my lg220c strighttalk phone

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information